Problems with ATVusb creator..
I downloaded ATVusb creator 1.0.b10 for my apple running Snow Leopard. I select ATVpatch stick . It only has the option for Atv version 2x and I have XBMC to be installed. When I go to chose usb target it only has the dev/disk2
option.

When I click create it says "Downloading 2Z694-5573-24.dmg...
Download failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
You can try again to resume your download"

This is my fist time messing with XBMC and a Atv. Is the website it downloads down or something?

thanks
Tried again this morning and still getting same error.

Could this be a Snow Leopard thing?
Someone is not reading the issues lists Smile

Manually download the DMG and select it from ATVusb creator. Don't worry about the ATV OS selector, it does nothing.

The current download DMG URL is

Code:
http://mesu.apple.com/data/OS/061-6242.20090624.Aq20P/2Z694-5660-029.dmg

ATV-USB-Creator needs updating and I've not gotten to it yet.

And just a reminder to anyone else, Make double, triple sure that you have the correct disk selected BEFORE clicking ok. ATV-USB-Creator will only display removable disks and will not care if you select the wrong disk and it WILL re-format it. The record so far is a 4TB USB RAID array that was turned into a AppleTV patchstick Smile
davilla Wrote:Someone is not reading the issues lists Smile

Manually download the DMG and select it from ATVusb creator. Don't worry about the ATV OS selector, it does nothing.

The current download DMG URL is

Code:
http://mesu.apple.com/data/OS/061-6242.20090624.Aq20P/2Z694-5660-029.dmg

ATV-USB-Creator needs updating and I've not gotten to it yet.

And just a reminder to anyone else, Make double, triple sure that you have the correct disk selected BEFORE clicking ok. ATV-USB-Creator will only display removable disks and will not care if you select the wrong disk and it WILL re-format it. The record so far is a 4TB USB RAID array that was turned into a AppleTV patchstick Smile

Thanks for the info.

The issues section is on the atvusb creator page?
thanks
BORIStheBLADE Wrote:Thanks for the info.

The issues section is on the atvusb creator page?
thanks

http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator/issues/list
thanks
BORIStheBLADE Wrote:thanks

And the latest ones are at the bottom...

Here's the link to the exact issue:

HTTP Error 404 while downloading 2Z694-5573-24.dmg

Dave
davilla Wrote:The record so far is a 4TB USB RAID array that was turned into a AppleTV patchstick Smile
Whoops!

It would be handy if it showed the disk label, rather than its device path though! I have to load Disk Utilities to check that /dev/disk2 corresponds to USBDISK. And then again. And once more, to be certain Smile
Thus this warning on the googlecode site.

Quote:7) WARNING Be very careful in selecting the correct USB device. Any USB mass storage devices are selectable and once you start the process, the contents are gone! A future version will have more info about the USB mass storage device selected and issue warning if the size is greater that 16GB.

Retrieving the disk label was a pain the rear under python.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with ATVusb creator..0