• 26(current)
[MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM232
Just available on mainpage from mediafire
Would like to try this skin out, however, most backgrounds are black. I know I am probably using a wrong SVN (28256). Could someone tell me what version SVN I should use to get this working and perhaps where to download. I tried looking for some of the older SVNs mentioned earlier in this thread but could not find them.
Thanks,
Mark
mwkurt Wrote:Would like to try this skin out, however, most backgrounds are black. I know I am probably using a wrong SVN (28256). Could someone tell me what version SVN I should use to get this working and perhaps where to download. I tried looking for some of the older SVNs mentioned earlier in this thread but could not find them.
Thanks,
Mark

Love the skin, probably one of my top two favourite Aeon skin! Although it runs a bit sluggish. But lots of customization! ..Unfortunately I also get no fanart when viewing movies and TV. What setting controls this? Or is this a bug? Because I have fanart on, on both the menu of the movie posters and the settings for the skin.

Examples..

Hitched Skin...

All other skins...

WTF?!?

Thank you for any help..
I remember reading about black backdrops in this forum earlier. Do a search for it and I am sure you will find a solution.

I have no problems with fanart, so it is tough for me to relate. I also use stable builds....
lxr109 Wrote:i love how this skin let you and new item to the main menu easier than other versions of aeon but Im was wondering if there a way to change the backdrop for the new home menu item. like i can change the backdrop for the main menu for my Anime shortcut i made but when i enter it change to my video backdrop. i know that all video is linked but is there a way to link the new item to its own backdrop. i been searching but can seem the find anything on it.

You could have to code a new new control for it in the customisation xml.
I am using SVN 30813 with this skin and no problems with fanart etc. Scrapers are working as well.
Ekim232,

What build are you using?
Thanks Brad!
mwkurt Wrote:Thanks Brad!

My apologizes. I am actually using Aeon65 based on Hitched Mod. Got the threads mixed up! Huh
Ok I got fanart back for Hitched.. Found the setting that was causing the problem.

Some reason if I choose "settings-customize-advanced-fanart" and turn off "use multi fan art". For some reason this was causing my fanart to not show up. What is this setting for anyway? To show multi fanart? If so, how do I use it? And why is it doing this?

Anyway, here is a pic of the setting.

And what it looks like with the fanart on.

And an odd thing is after getting fanart back, I no longer get access to the options pane. You know the option pane that pops in on the left that allows you to choose different views and things to customize how it looks when viewing movies, tv shows, pictures, music, and etc.. I keep pressing the arrow keys left, right, up down, and it wont come back. Why is this?

I tried updating my XBMC (to try to fix my fanart issue) and I already had Camelot. But maybe not the latest ver. And now when I try to use this skin, XBMC keeps crashing when I do anything processor intensive. Does anyone have a copy of XBMC that works flawlessly with this skin?!? I deleted my other XBMC installs, stupid me Wink. Any chance of updating this skin for newest releases?!?

Also what do I need to populate this black square in the info field? Is this where trailers go, or is it looking for an image?

Thanks for any tips!! And hopefully this info helps anyone else with this issue.
Graphicsgod Wrote:And an odd thing is after getting fanart back, I no longer get access to the options pane. You know the option pane that pops in on the left that allows you to choose different views and things to customize how it looks when viewing movies, tv shows, pictures, music, and etc.. I keep pressing the arrow keys left, right, up down, and it wont come back. Why is this?

Fixed it. For some odd reason, changing skins and views then switching back to Hitched, brought it back. Weird!
Graphicsgod Wrote:Ok I got fanart back for Hitched.. Found the setting that was causing the problem.

Some reason if I choose "settings-customize-advanced-fanart" and turn off "use multi fan art". For some reason this was causing my fanart to not show up. What is this setting for anyway? To show multi fanart? If so, how do I use it? And why is it doing this?

Anyway, here is a pic of the setting.

And what it looks like with the fanart on.

And an odd thing is after getting fanart back, I no longer get access to the options pane. You know the option pane that pops in on the left that allows you to choose different views and things to customize how it looks when viewing movies, tv shows, pictures, music, and etc.. I keep pressing the arrow keys left, right, up down, and it wont come back. Why is this?

I tried updating my XBMC (to try to fix my fanart issue) and I already had Camelot. But maybe not the latest ver. And now when I try to use this skin, XBMC keeps crashing when I do anything processor intensive. Does anyone have a copy of XBMC that works flawlessly with this skin?!? I deleted my other XBMC installs, stupid me Wink. Any chance of updating this skin for newest releases?!?

Also what do I need to populate this black square in the info field? Is this where trailers go, or is it looking for an image?

Thanks for any tips!! And hopefully this info helps anyone else with this issue.

Multifanart was a hack I put in for anyone who has a folder called extrafanart within their movie folder. It then cycles through those fanart images, so you can have more than one fanart image.

That blank image on the info pane is probably for extrathumbs. If you don't have them, then it will show up blank. Try switching the info pane layout.
ekim232 Wrote:Multifanart was a hack I put in for anyone who has a folder called extrafanart within their movie folder. It then cycles through those fanart images, so you can have more than one fanart image.

That blank image on the info pane is probably for extrathumbs. If you don't have them, then it will show up blank. Try switching the info pane layout.

The way I have it setup is there is a folder for movie posters (and tv as well) And inside this folder is each movie I have on my computer. And then inside this are the posters for the DVD or Blu-ray and then there is a folder called "extrathumbs", and in here are all my thumb images. I have them named "thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg, etc..". These images are stored on the pc that has XBMC inside the XBMC directory. All the video files are located separately on the server.

Because my movies are just thrown in a folder on the server. Unless I have a large collection of the same type of movie (ie. Nighmare on elm st.). Then it goes in a folder of it's own.

What is the proper way to populate this area? Using the info of how I have it setup.
You need to have a folder for each movie. Then inside that folder is should look like this...

The Departed (folder)
-The Departed.mkv
-The Departed.tbn
-folder.jpg
-The Departed-fanart.jpg
-extrathumbs (folder)
--thumb1.jpg
--thumb2.jpg

This is basically the standard way all users should organize their files if you want features of each skin to work properly. If you don't want to take the time to do that, then your interface won't look the best it can. I suggest making folders and using Ember Media Manager or Media Companion to get your posters, fanart, and extrathumbs.
Hi ekim, trying your new skin for the first time and am really impressed with 1.13. Few niggles I found. Didn't have time to read through the entire thread to see if they are known about so here goes.

When choosing a directory to load homescreen art from, for movies, tv shows, music, the art shows up in the main menu, but the text of the items like "Movies" changes to the path of the art directory, eg "C:\users\Documents.......". Very strange.

I get the "Error RecentlyAdded.py Script Failed" error with this skin also, maybe its just an xbmc bug as it has happened with two skins for me now. I'm using latest svn version before the major xbmc changes began.

Maybe its an aeon limitation, but theres no smart detection of landscape vs portrait posters. All of my TV Shows are portrait for example... but show up with the tops and bottoms chopped off.

Again maybe its an aeon limitation, but when pressing the right / left arrow to browse through movies, if I hit right arrow twice very fast in succesion, there is no smooth transition between the animations, its like as if theres a slight jump without the nice butter smooth transition. Sorry if all of this is out of your control. I'm just greedy Tongue
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM2321