• 27(current)
[MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM232
mark007 Wrote:Hi ekim, trying your new skin for the first time and am really impressed with 1.13. Few niggles I found. Didn't have time to read through the entire thread to see if they are known about so here goes.

When choosing a directory to load homescreen art from, for movies, tv shows, music, the art shows up in the main menu, but the text of the items like "Movies" changes to the path of the art directory, eg "C:\users\Documents.......". Very strange.

I get the "Error RecentlyAdded.py Script Failed" error with this skin also, maybe its just an xbmc bug as it has happened with two skins for me now. I'm using latest svn version before the major xbmc changes began.

Maybe its an aeon limitation, but theres no smart detection of landscape vs portrait posters. All of my TV Shows are portrait for example... but show up with the tops and bottoms chopped off.

Again maybe its an aeon limitation, but when pressing the right / left arrow to browse through movies, if I hit right arrow twice very fast in succesion, there is no smooth transition between the animations, its like as if theres a slight jump without the nice butter smooth transition. Sorry if all of this is out of your control. I'm just greedy Tongue

Glad you are enjoying it. This mod is actually rather old. I did a new one called Legacy Dark that is much more of a skin. I will update this version once 10.5 comes out. Until then, it would be pointless work.

Your latest added issues are probably your rev. problems. If you have poster views selected your landscape will get cut off. It is in the options section.
mark007 Wrote:When choosing a directory to load homescreen art from, for movies, tv shows, music, the art shows up in the main menu, but the text of the items like "Movies" changes to the path of the art directory, eg "C:\users\Documents.......". Very strange.

To fix this open "Includes_Backgrounds.xml" in the "720p" folder. Then delete every line that has the "<info></info>". Then save and restart XBMC. That should fix it!

Example:

Code:
<info>Skin.String(CustomMusic)</info>

Delete that whole line of code out of there. Do the same for anything else in the script.

Hope that helps. I had the same problem a while back with new skins using the Aeon theme.
is the skin compatible with 30xxx builds?
When scrolling in Multiplex view is there a way I can keep the selected item in the centre of the screen like the original Hitcher mod?

Rather that the "cursor" moving when I press left and right can the posters move like the original and keep the focus in the centre as it does in Showcase?
I have no idea what you are talking about. Showcase and multiplex are coded completely different, that is why they react different to scrolling.
ekim232 Wrote:I have no idea what you are talking about. Showcase and multiplex are coded completely different, that is why they react different to scrolling.

On the original Aeon Hitched in Multiplex view (and every other right to left scrolling view like Showcase) the focus / selected title was always in the centre. With the items scrolling through a central point of focus.

x x x x X x x x x

In the current version thats not the case, in multiplex the selected item starts on the left and goes where ever you tell it to. I once I reach the right of the screen I can't see whats ahead, you with me?
You must have the option for alt. layout multiplex on. The default way has it centered. It is in settings someplace.
Thanks a bunch!

I use genre fanart since that makes it easy for my kids who can´t read to navigate to the family genre.

I have (ofcourse) before postint, dismounted all images from deamontools, unplugged all (unnecessary) devices. I do have to use the IR to the remote but more than that I do not even have a mouse or keyboard attached, still the play disk is there. I suppose it would solve all the problems with a toggle! Looking forward to it!

Once again!
Thank you for a great skin! Smile

Sincerly

//Talle
ekim232 Wrote:You must have the option for alt. layout multiplex on. The default way has it centered. It is in settings someplace.

Thanks Ekim. I've only just upgraded after using the original Hitched for ages and didn't see the option. Thanks again.
Why wont this skin work with the latest version of XBMC? I get an error that its not supported because of the version.
It works just fine with Camelot.

Nightlies require you to make addon support. Read a few threads to learn how.
ekim232 will you update this skin to support official 10.5? with addons menu support etc..

still my favorite Aeon mod.
Possibly if I find the time. I made my personal edition for Legacy Dark with it, so it should not be hard to transfer over. It is just remembering all the extra stuff like light/night, vertical/horizontal menu, ect..........it can be a real pain. I only made list view available for Legacy Dark in the addon manager.
Please tell, what should i download to make aeon work fine on my newly installed os. Before it was xmbc 28xxx and aeon 1.13 , but now i see a lot changed
i'm interested in trying out this edition of Aeon .. still an old geezer and using a personal version of Auriga .. however i can't seem to find any download links for this edition

btw EKIM232 .. nice to meet ya .. from the chi too here
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM2321