• 29(current)
[MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM232
I am just messing around Jtap. There is no chance in hell I will stop skinning, and I am sure you will enjoy what I put out for Aeon soon.
Shocked

Cool
ekim232 Wrote:I am just messing around Jtap. There is no chance in hell I will stop skinning, and I am sure you will enjoy what I put out for Aeon soon.

No hard feelings. Create a great skin just to spite me. Laugh
To be fair its Ekim's choice what he does. We ain't paying him to do what he does and nobody is going to to something they do for fun when its a chore.

Anyway, Aeon65 is 95% identical. Apart from some overlays, media tag images and some different options you can make it pretty much the same to Ekims version. And Aeon65 is Dharma compatible.
I do not at all understand the ongoing discussion about Ekims skin.
I like it a lot, I´m grateful to everyone who put their mind and time into making XBMC better and I´m happy to try skins, add-ons and so on and so forth to see wich parts that fits my needs.

due to people like Ekim we got different flavours of skins, features and functions.
To give these people a hard time without paying them for it is in my book the most stupid thing a person could do and I would like to make a qualified guess that it all boils down to envy of not being able to do it yourself.

If you don´t like a skin or a function. Don´t use it! And leave the poor soul that made it alone, otherwise you will drive them away, leaving people like me and others hanging. I love this skin, I use it on my bedrom htpc. I also love other skins and use a slightly modifyed Auriga in my livingroom and I use leagacy dark for my sons and daughters htpcs.

I use subtitles add-on, made off someone else, I use a whole bunch of functions that is actualy writen by people and shared with everyone for free!!!
I´m hoping that someone who understand how to makes a functionable add-on to Mediaportal TV-Server since I use that one aswell. I also use the DSPlayer versions of XBMC for my eeeboxes (yes the skins are a bit slow but it works!!!!).
All these functions that are served for my pleasure are actualy someone elses work so pay some F#*king respect to these people!

I belive we have all different needs that we want forfilled and that´s the strength of open source, there are people putting time and effort into making a great platform even better.

I would like to give my best regards to Ekim and EVERYBODY ELSE that is putting time into this!

Thank you!

Sincerly!

//Talle
mark007 Wrote:I get the "Error RecentlyAdded.py Script Failed" error with this skin also, maybe its just an xbmc bug as it has happened with two skins for me now. I'm using latest svn version before the major xbmc changes began.

Is this still an ongoing issue?

- Is it an XBMC bug?
- Is it a bug with the Aeon skin?

It's happening to me with the latest XBMC svn.
Just to give everyone an update. I am working hard at cleaning up this skin right now. I am doing a major overhaul on it and making it much slimmer. I am cutting down on useless options, hacking out a few views, adding a few views, and recoding much of it to match the way I did Legacy Dark. I just finished up code cleanup and I am working on the views right now. The add-on manager is done and I have it 100% working for Dharma with all the scripts working as well. I added in a new setting section for putting in custome home menu items and submenu items.

Please be patient, this skin is a complete mess in my opinion and I put my new project on hold to do this for everyone.
Patience....

...is a virtue!

We´ll wait! Smile

Sincerly

//Talle
ekim232 Wrote:this skin is a complete mess in my opinion.

After 1 week in Aeon65 source code, I deeply, deeply understand you. The XML mess in Aeon65 can be used to frighten small children.

The only things that keep me using, and maintaining Aeon65 is the MusicVisualisation screen. I can understand why phil65 would have somewhat retired. This XML beast is nowhere near fun to maintain. I would love, an Aeon like skin rewritten from scratch. With maintainability thought from the ground, clean an reusable includes.

A skin where I don't have to grep through all the files in order to find why in this particular view when a movie is playing some obscure flags/image/button isn't showing/moving/working because it has been commented out for an unknown reason or contains a bogus image Wink

I would contribute for that, but this may be too much work alone, maybe in another life Smile
Can't wait to get a more stable and clean copy of Aeon.
Anybody, where can i download this skin??
is there a way to add your own custom main menu items in this skin, similar to the showmix skin?

Oh BTW, the trailer preview doesn't seem to work in the showcase movie view.
I'm using XBMC on a mac, lately I've noticed that the skin would crash when I would go to certain views or in different sections (movies,videos etc...)
Some friend recommended upgrading to the latest XBMC SVN build, I've the 9.11 so I think its the latest no?
Will anyone tell me where is the link for downloading Ekim's aeon and what is the recommended xbmc build?
Damn, Ekim where's download link for betaHuh
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM2321