• 2(current)
[MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM232
ekim232 Wrote:-Have fanart for movies/tv shows when you select them in recently added widget on homepage. NEED HELP HERE!

fanart for tv shows won't work properly, it's a limitation of the recently added script.

ekim232 Wrote:-Working on a weather window to utilize the weather.com plugin. Rather than have it on the homepage, which seems to cause crash issue.

it will crash just as hard if you use it in the weather screen. in fact, just enabling the weather.com plugin is enough to make xbmc go down...it doesn't even matter if you make use of it in the skin or not.

good luck with your new project! i'm pretty sure you'll make something nice of it. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Adding the temperature to the time/date OSD is a great idea. Which XML file do I need to edit to include that in my own frankenstein?
Good to see that work is being continued on the skin in djh's and hitcher's absence. I'm a bit critical about having things like MPAA, rating and genres listed in the OSD though, I personally feel that information is rather pointless when already watching a movie and only makes the interface more cluttered.
krypt2nite Wrote:Adding the temperature to the time/date OSD is a great idea. Which XML file do I need to edit to include that in my own frankenstein?

It is in Includes_Furniture.xml. Just around line 180 and you will see it. It has two spots. One for regular view and one for larger fonts.

Thanks for the heads up on that Ronie. I figured TV was limited, but I swore CF had it in his mod. I am at a dead end on how to get it to show in Aeon for movies. All other mods I have done have been very easy for almost every other skin. I guess I can stop work on my weather page. I will put it on the side and hope that the plugin gets developed a little better.
Quote:I would love to see some scraper or media program beable to scrape for multi-fanart. It took awhile to do my movie collection by hand, but looks amazing!

What did you mean by that line and do you have any screenshots, I'm always looking for something new...
ekim232 Wrote:It is in Includes_Furniture.xml. Just around line 180 and you will see it. It has two spots. One for regular view and one for larger fonts.

Appreciate it man and Go Cubs. Nod I'm from Fort Wayne, IN and the only thing I miss about the Midwest is Wrigley.
mcborzu Wrote:What did you mean by that line and do you have any screenshots, I'm always looking for something new...

It works the same as extrathumbs, except the folder is called "extrafanart" inside your movie directory. Then name them fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, ect...

It will do a slide show of your fanarts in the movie section as the background. I picked all of my extra fanarts by hand (took about a week, doing a few movies per night). I can't show a screenshot of changing images, but picture the way the homepage looks, but apply that to fanart.

It was just a feature I have always had for myself and it not supported in anyway. It would be nice if it was more popular and had scraper support.
Hah, funny I did the same thing...I was doing it for TV Show in that Multiplex window. Because for TV Shows I am always changing fanart every week or two because I like seeing something new and for popular shows there is like 10-30 good fanart to choose from.

I was doing it so it showed a random fanart not a slideshow....But it was during a time right around when Hitcher started his Hitched version and it was hard always applying my code to an ever changing code base. I think I had it working but just forgot about it...

You kind of have scraper support, I believe all the media managers you can select to save anywhere from 1 to atleast 10, maybe more, fanarts and then from there you just move it to the extrafanart folder.
mcborzu Wrote:You kind of have scraper support, I believe all the media managers you can select to save anywhere from 1 to atleast 10, maybe more, fanarts and then from there you just move it to the extrafanart folder.

That is true, but it still creates work for the user, which I have found to be a feature killer unfortunately. Either way I like the way it looks and have already done the hard work.

As for the skin I have been working on it today and have some of the bugs worked out. I got the menu bar animations corrected and will put out a better version tonight or tomorrow.
ekim232 Wrote:That is true, but it still creates work for the user, which I have found to be a feature killer unfortunately. Either way I like the way it looks and have already done the hard work.

As for the skin I have been working on it today and have some of the bugs worked out. I got the menu bar animations corrected and will put out a better version tonight or tomorrow.

would be nice if you´d use github, makes it a lot easier to track other people´s changes.
thx for your efforts, saved me some work.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
temmi2000 Wrote:would be nice if you´d use github, makes it a lot easier to track other people´s changes.
thx for your efforts, saved me some work.

Yeah I plan to. I just need to get an account and learn how to use it.
ekim232 Wrote:Yeah I plan to. I just need to get an account and learn how to use it.
If you don't make any changes to the textures. could you please upload the .xml files on there own i see no point in downloading the full package again. ThanksSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
No wall view = no go for me. Am I the only one who likes wall view? I have a hard time browsing through all of my movies with the multiplex/showcase views and I'll never understand how people find them practical. Oh well, good luck.
thrasherx Wrote:...and I'll never understand how people find them practical.
Every time you browse your collection (can be an entertaining process) you will memorize them and know them by heart...
thrasherx Wrote:No wall view = no go for me. Am I the only one who likes wall view? I have a hard time browsing through all of my movies with the multiplex/showcase views and I'll never understand how people find them practical. Oh well, good luck.

Wall view is available. I just had it blocked for that intial release while i straightened things out on it. I readded flags that shift side to side. I do intend to block it on season and episode views. It looks terrible and the frames don't fit.

Be patient, I did a quick release to just get some feedback and hopefully spark some ideas.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM2321