• 18(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 2.0
Love the mod. Nice work! One thing though. The episode title in the wide list doesn't stand out from the synopsis. It needs to be bold or a larger font size IMHO.
RockDawg Wrote:Love the mod. Nice work! One thing though. The episode title in the wide list doesn't stand out from the synopsis. It needs to be bold or a larger font size IMHO.

Thanks. Glad you like the mod. I'll fix that in the next update. Please try to keep all comments regarding this mod in the appropriate thread. We don't want things to get confusing. It's just easier to read the suggestions when they are in their own thread. Laugh
Sorry. I thought I was in that thread. Oo
Quote:Originally Posted by ck_xbmc View Post
I just renamed all of Rapier1.6 to Rapier2.0 as a test soon after posting the message. As I guessed all the backgrounds came back ok. This will be something for you to think when posting future updates.

rgds,

Nopel Wrote:Dude, if you just install the skin without renaming the folder to include the version number, the settings just keep working. It's you that's breaking them, not scarfa.

Thanx for the tip. Smile I tend to keep keep seperate folders for different versions.
I'm slowly making my way through your top bar code but I thought it would be a great idea for it to display the TV Show name and the current season you're browsing. This could also work for Music as well showing the artist and the album.

At the moment it might be confusing for some when browsing tv shows to remember which season they are in. Especially when using one of my views or the common views (ie, List, Icon...).

Just an idea. If I can wrap my head around it I may just add that in myself if you don't get a chance to beforehand.

Edit: This is what I have so far... I tried changing the "Videos" bread crumb to read TV Shows but it doesn't seem to take effect. Still working on getting it to work though. I removed the "Library" bread crumb because with it, the breadcrumb bar was too long. It'll still show "Files" when in file mode to help differentiate the two.

First and foremost I want to say this is one of my favorite skins outside of
PM3.HD.

As for my current usage, right now I only have one request to make:

It would be nice to have all the views available in every category and not just for movies. (I.E. I would like to have the "Wide Icon" view for "Videos")

I think the Youtube plugin would look excellent with that view for browsing videos.

There is a glitch that I have noticed in my navigation but, I'm not sure if its just me or not.

If I navigate over to the scrollbar, it seems like I get stuck there and cannot move anywhere but up or down because it has focus. I try to press left, right to take the scrollbar off focus but, it doesn't work. The only way to regain normal navigation is to go back one level or to home screen then come back.

Also, "Info" (to obtain info about your system) doesn't work when I select it nothing happens.

Other then that, for my usage I love the skin and I hope you continue to update it and keep it fresh.

Thanks a lot.
I am not getting the studio icons to show in the wrap info view in 2.0. I copied all the studio flag images over from 1.6 to the media folder in my 2.0 folder but they are now showing up. 1.6 still works fine.
Sranshaft Wrote:I'm slowly making my way through your top bar code but I thought it would be a great idea for it to display the TV Show name and the current season you're browsing. This could also work for Music as well showing the artist and the album.

At the moment it might be confusing for some when browsing tv shows to remember which season they are in. Especially when using one of my views or the common views (ie, List, Icon...).

Just an idea. If I can wrap my head around it I may just add that in myself if you don't get a chance to beforehand.

Edit: This is what I have so far... I tried changing the "Videos" bread crumb to read TV Shows but it doesn't seem to take effect. Still working on getting it to work though. I removed the "Library" bread crumb because with it, the breadcrumb bar was too long. It'll still show "Files" when in file mode to help differentiate the two.

I already was experimenting doing something like this early on during development. I even had the breadcrumbs clickable at one point. Ultimately I decided against it because it was getting too complicated for its own good and really went against what I was trying to achieve. You run into problems with names that are too long, or not enough space on the top bar, or what node should have it's own breadcrumb and also trying to keep it consistent with other categories.

What I had decided on in the end was the breadcrumb was to show you what window you are in, thats it. The bottom infopane is where any media information should be stored or any details of the current window.

One change I will probably make though is instead of having videos-library, I'm probably gonna make it videos-movies and videos-tv shows respectively.

However I encourage you to mod it if you are keen on the idea. I'm sure there are some people who are interested.
Marbieskarb Wrote:First and foremost I want to say this is one of my favorite skins outside of
PM3.HD.

It would be nice to have all the views available in every category and not just for movies. (I.E. I would like to have the "Wide Icon" view for "Videos")

I think the Youtube plugin would look excellent with that view for browsing videos.

There is a glitch that I have noticed in my navigation but, I'm not sure if its just me or not.

If I navigate over to the scrollbar, it seems like I get stuck there and cannot move anywhere but up or down because it has focus. I try to press left, right to take the scrollbar off focus but, it doesn't work. The only way to regain normal navigation is to go back one level or to home screen then come back.

Also, "Info" (to obtain info about your system) doesn't work when I select it nothing happens.

Other then that, for my usage I love the skin and I hope you continue to update it and keep it fresh.

Thanks a lot.

You are correct. The System Info window isn't ready yet. I'm helping Scarfa with the that and should be ready in a little while.

Adding the Wide Icon view to Videos should be a pretty easy thing to do.

scarfa Wrote:I already was experimenting doing something like this early on during development. I even had the breadcrumbs clickable at one point. Ultimately I decided against it because it was getting too complicated for its own good and really went against what I was trying to achieve. You run into problems with names that are too long, or not enough space on the top bar, or what node should have it's own breadcrumb and also trying to keep it consistent with other categories.

What I had decided on in the end was the breadcrumb was to show you what window you are in, thats it. The bottom infopane is where any media information should be stored or any details of the current window.

One change I will probably make though is instead of having videos-library, I'm probably gonna make it videos-movies and videos-tv shows respectively.

However I encourage you to mod it if you are keen on the idea. I'm sure there are some people who are interested.

I understand where you're coming from. I can see how adding clickable events to the breadcrumb bar would lead you down a very overly complicated path. I've got it working the TV show / season and seems to work pretty well though. While I get that the bottom info bar is for media info, to me it's about info about the currently selected item. Having the TV show name and season number in the breadcrumb bar still conforms to your idea of having the breadcrumb show you the window you're viewing at the moment. In regards to name that are too long, it's not as big a deal when used in real life. Having even just the first half of the title is enough to remember which TV show you're looking at (not that it should be that hard to gather that from the episodes). You are the designer though and I bow to your decision and it's your baby! Laugh

The problem I've run into is that is doesn't seem to recognize if you're in Movies or TV Shows. I've tried replacing the Videos section of the breadcrumb with the respective section and it just wouldn't take. Either it would show both as being Movies, or both as TV Shows; using the last breadcrumb bar button coded in the xml file. Maybe it has to do with the SVN build I was using, I've just updated to the latest one and haven't tried it again, but it was definitely a frustrating thing.

I'll release it though in my separate mod though with your blessing of course. Big Grin
Marbieskarb Wrote:First and foremost I want to say this is one of my favorite skins outside of
PM3.HD.

Most views for the video library don't work particulary well in file mode since you can't fetch any data to make interesting views.

Marbieskarb Wrote:There is a glitch that I have noticed in my navigation but, I'm not sure if its just me or not.

What view?

Marbieskarb Wrote:Also, "Info" (to obtain info about your system) doesn't work when I select it nothing happens.

It's not implemented.

Marbieskarb Wrote:Other then that, for my usage I love the skin and I hope you continue to update it and keep it fresh.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks, I'll try to keep it updated when I can. Nod
masterosok Wrote:I am not getting the studio icons to show in the wrap info view in 2.0. I copied all the studio flag images over from 1.6 to the media folder in my 2.0 folder but they are now showing up. 1.6 still works fine.

Yep it's a known issue. I've already fixed it.
Sranshaft Wrote:The problem I've run into is that is doesn't seem to recognize if you're in Movies or TV Shows. I've tried replacing the Videos section of the breadcrumb with the respective section and it just wouldn't take. Either it would show both as being Movies, or both as TV Shows; using the last breadcrumb bar button coded in the xml file. Maybe it has to do with the SVN build I was using, I've just updated to the latest one and haven't tried it again, but it was definitely a frustrating thing.

I'll release it though in my separate mod though with your blessing of course. Big Grin

You need to make a visibility condition that shows either movies or tv shows breadcrumb depending on what node you are in.
Any chance of hosting this somewhere else than deviantart? It's almost impossible to package this skin for distros (say Arch Linux, as i'm doing atm) cause you get a 403 when deep-linking.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
scarfa, heads up at http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/23519

your custom dialog doesn't seem to catch it automagically
A big Thank You for this skin. Big Grin
I really love it, but there's one little thing that's bugging me. The albumart, displayed in the now playing osd and fullscreen mode, gets stretched. Would you mind adding an option that enables resizing with correct aspect ratio and fixes this little issue on non-widescreen displays (got one with 1400x1050 pixels here)?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 2.01