• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 2.0
awesome
The more I play with it the more I like it. Has its share of small issues, but it got so many things right. Great job!

TheUni

Btw, your clean Skin Settings make it clear that the XBMC settings need work. Simply Beautiful!
Whoa!

This is actually really slick and has a lot of the features I found on other skins but could never get to work on my xbox. This works perfectly for me on xbox with no problems whatsoever really with delays etc. that many of the other memory hogging skins have.

The only thing I couldn't figure out is whether or not having separate backdrop images available for TV, Movies, Video etc is possible. In the skin settings I see where you can change it for 'Video' but it seems to apply to all three of those rather than individually.

Seriously, good job! I think I'll be using this as my default skin, at least for the time being Smile

[edit]oh! and I meant to give major kudos for including such a comprehensive collection of studio icons! American International Pictures (AIP) is even in there!!! Having never been able to use any of the fancier builds of Aeon I might have missed out on things like this already, but that's besides the point Big Grin
Nicely done. Beautiful work. Solid functionality.

The only thing I miss is weather. Hopefully it's on your list of future features.

Thank you for your hard work.
tmc701 Wrote:Nicely done. Beautiful work. Solid functionality.

The only thing I miss is weather. Hopefully it's on your list of future features.

Thank you for your hard work.
Weather is there. It's sort of 'hidden' in a submenu on the home page though (I forget off hand where, maybe under 'General').
Hey guys, thx for the positive responses. I tried to polish it as much as I can before releasing it but theres bound to be some little bugs that I may have not noticed with me only having one pair of eyes. If you guys find any bugs/inconsistences please report them, it would make my job easier.

As for new feature requests, the skin at it's current state meets all my needs. But I know there are alot of power users out there who work in differen't ways. I'am open to new ideas as long as its consistent with the philosophy of the skin.
viker Wrote:Weather is there. It's sort of 'hidden' in a submenu on the home page though (I forget off hand where, maybe under 'General').

I stand corrected. One step closer to being in skin rotation Big Grin
Ding dong!
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
Simply put, I love this skin.

I had no trouble adapting to the navigation as some other commenters have posted... though there are a few incompletes that would have been nice to see...

1. RSS Feed on the home screen isn't always centered in the black bar, plus it is slightly hard to read from a distance. 37" tv ~10ft away.

2. Interestingly, if I pull up the shutdown menu and select "Reload Skin" I can no longer activate the shutdown menu. Had to do an ACPI shutdown.

3. When viewing a video, the zoom information panel does not display. (Was awkward when trying to select the appropriate zoom level for some videos.)

4. When viewing a video, hitting the context button does not display the video properties (I look at this a lot)

5. There were a few locations where the breadcrumb was missing but I can't recall exactly where ATM.

Still, I love the simple interface, it is 'open' enough to do the fanart justice, and everything is where I expect it to be.

(And when i change the view, leave the screen and go back, the view is remembered! -- Aeon never remembers my view settings.)

Excellent work!
Fantastic...really great skin overall. Didn't really have the navigation issues either. I find it amazing that you were able to think of and implement so many things without having any input from the community. I think this has a great shot at becoming the primary skin for many users - myself included.

Possible bug: I get locked up in the List Wrap view in movies after using it a bit? Might just be me.
Feature Request!!!

1: Pause menu moved to bottom
2: Incorporate the popup (liek in aeon) when hovered on a movie in Thumbnail view. ( So we can use our extrathumbs)

3: There is no #3 , this skin kicks ASS!!!!
Looks amazing, great work.

I'll be having a play with this after work today Smile
I like the run through that I gave it. Nice animation and clean simple look, which seems to be the way all skins are headed.

One thing I would suggest is to hide the scroll bar when it is not selected.

Great work!
djh_ Wrote:Ding dong!

Troll much?

Any how to the author of the skin, this is really good work man. It's nice to see so many skins coming out.

Keep up the good work.
ekim232 Wrote:I like the run through that I gave it. Nice animation and clean simple look, which seems to be the way all skins are headed.

One thing I would suggest is to hide the scroll bar when it is not selected.

Great work!

You can do this in the skin settings.

I would like to be able to hide the top bar of options though.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 2.01