Long delay with Hitcher
I'm also getting a several second long delay when entering the Movies screen and I'm not using Weather or Latest Added. I believe I'm still on build 22528
sialivi Wrote:I'm also getting a several second long delay when entering the Movies screen and I'm not using Weather or Latest Added. I believe I'm still on build 22528

So this is bigger than I thought. Multiplle people same problem. Any gurus got an idea?
When you say 'entering movies' is that all with all views or only certain views and do you have lots of features turned on?
Hitcher Wrote:When you say 'entering movies' is that all with all views or only certain views and do you have lots of features turned on?

In my case it's in all views, even using the drop down and selecting Files. I'd say on average it's around 5 seconds for the movie library to load to Showcase view with fanart on or off. It takes the same time for tv shows in multiplex and 4 seconds for music in Full List mode. By comparison, Alaska loads all libraries within 1 second...

This is using the latest Hitcher from Git and various builds of xbmc, fron the 528 build prior to the merge to the latest build.

Thanks,
-stoli-
I have the same problem using windows rev 22528 on all views i have to wait between 3 - 5 seconds from hitting movies to the window loading. i even tried it with one of krickers DX builds and same problem and i have all the fancy extras swithched off and makes no difference not that it's a major problem for me but friends using it think it's way too slooow.
So i always switch to PM3HD when they come round to use it.Eek
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Same problem here, I reported it in the main Hitcher mod thread.

I get a 5 second delay on entering the movie/music/tvshows/games screens.

It was never there in earlier mod versions, I think its to do with one of the views that were added. It appeared about half way through the mod.

Turning off recently added does speed things up a little but not much.
Same problem here...
Hitcher Wrote:When you say 'entering movies' is that all with all views or only certain views and do you have lots of features turned on?

I've only used showcase and multiplex and the delay is the same for both, roughly 5 seconds. I'm not sure what features you're refering to. Weather and Recently Added is off, Fanart is on, Info is off.
Same here for the last 2 weeks, i've switch over to the BLACK mod and theirs no 5 sec delay when I start/exit a movie. https://www.facebook.com/naprawy.telewizorow Still a AWESOME mod!Big Grin

Just to update this - here's a snippit of the debug log when entering tv shows from the main menu:

Code:
23:45:01 T:5080 M:2281299968    INFO: Loading skin file: MyVideoNav.xml
23:45:02 T:5080 M:2282467328 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
23:45:02 T:5080 M:2282270720   ERROR: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)
23:45:02 T:5080 M:2282254336   ERROR: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)
23:45:02 T:5080 M:2282254336   ERROR: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)
23:45:02 T:5080 M:2281246720   ERROR: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)
23:45:05 T:5080 M:2274496512   DEBUG: Load MyVideoNav.xml: 4211.82ms
23:45:05 T:5080 M:2272587776   DEBUG: Alloc resources: 4237.16ms (4211.94 ms skin load)

It would appear the delay is all in loading the MyVideoNav.xml. Is there a way to generate a more detailed log that may indicate where the hangups are happing in loading that file and all of the <includes>?

Thanks,
-stoli-
No, but that has something to do with the LowList, so if you're not using it I suggest you remove it's entry in MyVideoNav.xml and se how that works for you.
Hitcher Wrote:No, but that has something to do with the LowList, so if you're not using it I suggest you remove it's entry in MyVideoNav.xml and se how that works for you.

Now we're getting somewhere Smile I don't use lowlist at all so it would be great if I could remove it and speed up this mod.

Can anyone describe how its done in simple terms?
zag2me Wrote:Now we're getting somewhere Smile I don't use lowlist at all so it would be great if I could remove it and speed up this mod.

Can anyone describe how its done in simple terms?
If i understand Hitchers post correctly you open up myvideonav.xml in notepad or similar and find and delete this line <include>Viewtype_List_Low</include>.
Correct.
eee by ecky thump i were right.
So no need to remove it from the includes.xml?Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Long delay with Hitcher0