Long delay with Hitcher
Ram2000 Wrote:Can Anyone tell me what Im missing with this taken out I only use lowlist so cant see anything missing :p

Aside from showcase view? I guess I don't understand your question. :p
Can't thank you enough for this Wink

Removed clearlist, showcase and low list and now my Aeon is fast. It takes about 2 seconds now instead of 5+

No delay any more. I didn't use any of the views so its no loss to me.

Now all I need to do is work out why the tv posters are not scaled properly and this mod will be perfect Wink
FINALLY! LaughBig GrinLaugh After running into other weird problems I thought I'd try a different approach and delete the guisettings.xml from the \userdata folder and start fresh...

Now movies and tv shows load in just over a second.

I'll gladly reset my preferences to get rid of that delay!!

Hopefully this will work for others as well - I'm guessing with all the different hacks/mods/patches the guisettings just got all mucked up.

Good Luck!

EDIT: I have all views in place and it still loads just as quickly
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:FINALLY! LaughBig GrinLaugh After running into other weird problems I thought I'd try a different approach and delete the guisettings.xml from the \userdata folder and start fresh...

Now movies and tv shows load in just over a second.

I'll gladly reset my preferences to get rid of that delay!!

Hopefully this will work for others as well - I'm guessing with all the different hacks/mods/patches the guisettings just got all mucked up.

Good Luck!

EDIT: I have all views in place and it still loads just as quickly

Yes that worked for me to kind of seems obvious when you think about it I certainly try lots of different skins

Nice find lots of happy people now Big Grin
>>X<<' Wrote:Yes that worked for me to kind of seems obvious when you think about it I certainly try lots of different skins

Nice find lots of happy people now Big Grin

Glad to hear it worked for you too!
-stoli-
ok so you deleted your guisettings.xml, but over time, surely xbmc is just gonna create another one and add more n more to it the more you customise/tweak? So you'll end up in the same position won't you?
PantsOnFire Wrote:ok so you deleted your guisettings.xml, but over time, surely xbmc is just gonna create another one and add more n more to it the more you customise/tweak? So you'll end up in the same position won't you?

This issue probably arose from people using several different versions of AOEN on the same install.
One of these settings from an older version was likely to blame and unless you start using one of these versions again it probably won't occur again.
Just a guess. But it's not an unreasonable one.
PantsOnFire Wrote:ok so you deleted your guisettings.xml, but over time, surely xbmc is just gonna create another one and add more n more to it the more you customise/tweak? So you'll end up in the same position won't you?

XBMC does create another one straight away but as hikaricore said its because its becoming corrupt by switching and testing skins

Just delete the guisettings.xml run hitchers Aeon set it up exactly as you like it then backup your guisettings.xml if it happens again just add the backed up version its hardly rocket science Shocked
nice, will give that a shot. :-)
Hmm i don't have a guisettings in my userdata folder... HELP!
Intel NUC Skull Canyon - Windows 10 Pro - Kodi 18
VU+ Solo2 - Canal Digital/CMore Max
Samsung UE65KS9005 Pro Calibrated
TheSwede1970 Wrote:Hmm i don't have a guisettings in my userdata folder... HELP!

Do a search it can be in two places users/appdata (this can be an hidden folder) or in XBMC itself you WILL have one somewhere.
Thanks, found it...
Intel NUC Skull Canyon - Windows 10 Pro - Kodi 18
VU+ Solo2 - Canal Digital/CMore Max
Samsung UE65KS9005 Pro Calibrated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Long delay with Hitcher0