Long delay with Hitcher
Not really, once it's removed from MyVideoNav.xml it wont be used for Videos anymore.

If there's still problem try removing other view types.

Also, you don't actually need to completely remove it from the XML just edit it to look like this -
PHP Code:
<!--include>Viewtype_List_Low</include--> 
and it'll be ignored.
You sure the problem is not just spinup time of your storage devices?

I use external disks and I get delays entering the movies section when my external usb drives have gone to sleep. In my case its due to the skin trying to read the filenames for the studio flags I think.
i had the same problem some time ago. the problem was fixed when i was updating to a newer xbmc build. So probably the combination with certain xbmc builds and lowlist is causing the problem?
Hmmmm removed low list and didn't make any difference except for not having low list anymore lol
>>X<<' Wrote:Hmmmm removed low list and didn't make any difference except for not having low list anymore lol
What about my suggestion about HD spinup times? Where is your media located and do the hard drives go to sleep?

Try disabling the studio flags and see if you still have the delay.
I made a lot of Viewtypes optional in my mod.
Perhaps that will help you. (you should restart after (de)activing them though)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Weavus Wrote:What about my suggestion about HD spinup times? Where is your media located and do the hard drives go to sleep?

Try disabling the studio flags and see if you still have the delay.

My media is local and hd's are all running and if that was the cause it would be exactly the same in all versions of Aeon which it is not, disabling flags makes no difference
I tried removing clearlist and lowlist but there is still the 5 second delay unfortunately.

Running latest SVN here so its not that as far as I know. There is no delay when using the Auriga Aeon theme, or other mods.

I get the delay even when going to the games menu so maybe its a global thing? The only menu item that is quick is the settings.
temmi2000 Wrote:I made a lot of Viewtypes optional in my mod.
Perhaps that will help you. (you should restart after (de)activing them though)

I tried yours out of curiosity and its the same if not longer which isn't a surprise as its essentially Hitchers mod to start with, I did a purge and disabled all views except multiplex then did a restart and those views were still there Smile
What about those that use lowlist?
I use ONLY low list for all my Views I have the same problem BUT I wouldn't say its a LONG wait just a short delay Which I for one can live with to be able to use this great mod and skin.
Well yeah, I can live with it, but it makes the whole media center experience feel less "smooth" :S
>>X<<' Wrote:I tried yours out of curiosity and its the same if not longer which isn't a surprise as its essentially Hitchers mod to start with, I did a purge and disabled all views except multiplex then did a restart and those views were still there Smile

Yes it´s based on Hitcher´s mod, but I cleaned the code up a lot.
you couldn´t deactivate the views? keep in mind that they´re only deactivated for movie LIBRARY, not for files view.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
It did only become apparent to me When the recently added mod appeared I did bring it up then and have mentioned it a few times...
But TBH I hope someone does fix it but until then I am happy to wait a second or two.
I have ALL over views disabled I haven't turned of recently added as I like it.
But I do wonder if its anything to do with the picture size I have nearly updated all my folders to VERY high quality pics 1000X1481.
Maybe that has something to do with it bearing in mind how resource hungry aeon seems to be.
Yeh I just tried it on your mod temmi and its got the same delay problem.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the recently added mod as well, but to be honest it could be anything. Probably just a small thing that is easily fixable if we find it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Long delay with Hitcher0