Windows7 X64 Desperade. Eventghost can't send the events to the programs.
Hi!

thanks to the topics in this forum i've installed x64 drivers of XBMC for my XboxOriginal Remote Control. It seems to work but:

XBCDRC seem to not receive any data (checking RAW i can't display nothing while pressing buttons on the remote control)

Eventghost RECEIVE the data, so the dirvers and remote controls WORKS! but it don't send the commands to the programs. i tried with MEdiamonkey, Mediaplayer 11, WinMediaCenter and other... i set some sample action as MOUSE RELATIVE MOVE but the mouse still in the same position.
But eventghost show me the exact log of my button pression.

I'm on Windows7 RTM x64

(i tried all the system on Vista x32 and all works perfectly. so there is no hardware problem)

PS. i tried to execute XBCDRC and eventghost in all the compatibility mode selectable and ever as Administrator.

any help?
windows 7 32 works, why 64? Any particular reason to complicate your life with an 64Bit os so early?
unfortunately i need 64 to work 64-bit software (there is some famous in graphic and video editing!)

anyway i was thinking the error was caused by the new internal structure of win7 and the policy for the intercomunication trough programs... if in win7x32 it works... i was thinking wrong!

so the problem must be in the Eventghost...
Curiously, 64 and eventghost work together fine for me. I'd recommend asking on the eventghost forum.

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/
StevenSeagull Wrote:windows 7 32 works, why 64? Any particular reason to complicate your life with an 64Bit os so early?

Better performance? Better security? Maybe he has more than 4gb of RAM? (6gb seems standard for Core i7s)
Are you running eventghost as administrator? If not, try that. That did the trick for me, also using Win 7 X64.
MioTheGreat Wrote:Better performance? Better security? Maybe he has more than 4gb of RAM? (6gb seems standard for Core i7s)

Better performance? Yeah with some programs... otherwise about the same
Better security? Elaborate...
Maybe he has more than 4gb of RAM? (6gb seems standard for Core i7s)
I would agree but he never mentioned anything like that.
Oh my God! this morning the program WORKS!

yesterday i've already rebooted thje pg 5 times without result. eventghost was already ever started as administrator (i wrote it in the main post) but it didn't work.

this morning it worked!

i'm wondering why yesteday not...

StevenSeagull Wrote:Better performance? Yeah with some programs... otherwise about the same
Better security? Elaborate...
Maybe he has more than 4gb of RAM? (6gb seems standard for Core i7s)
I would agree but he never mentioned anything like that.

[mini OT]
Yes, my computer have and use 6GB of RAM. 6GB of DDR3 RAM is the best improvement i had on a computer. Graphic and video software load many weavy images or video all in the ram and speeds-up about 200% in loading and processing; adding to this OS not use Page file!! and a part of free ram is used to load automatically favourite exe so that when i launch it, they load in the half of time.

yes, 64bit programs require more ram that the same in 32bit... but the improvement are better than the this!
Im glad it worked for you. Find out what did it just to know what to do when you perhaps reinstall your os so you don't bother with the annoyance again. Smile
I have a original IR dongle, and I get the message "error finding xbox IR receiver" when I start Eventghost. I have 64 bit Windows 7, and managed to install the xbcdrc driver after disabling the driver signing. But I dont now wheter the driver is correctly installed or not. There is still a yellow warning symbol by the icon. But the device manager have identified the ir receiver as "xbox remote control microsoft"

The properties says:

Manudacturer: XBCD Project
Device status: 0000.001a.0001.001.000.000.000.000.000

and when I double-click the "xbox remote control microsoft"

I get a device status:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I have tried the usb dongle on my laptop, with windows XP 32 bit, and it works perfectly.

Anyone got an idea what the problem is?
You can't disable the driver signing in win7.

the yellow icon on device manager say you that it know where is the driver, but not will use it as it isn't signed.

the only way to make i twork is to start Win7 in TEST MODE.

there is a free software called "Drivers Signature Enforcement Overrider" that can do it for you in few simple click.

download the exe (search it on google), i have the dseo13b.exe
click on ENABLE TEST MODE option, then click on finish and restart the PC.
(win7 could set a label "TEST MODE" in the bottom right of your wallpaper! just above the clock!)

launch the same exe again, select the SIGN option, select the XBCD .sys file IN C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS and go.

restart the pc and connect the xbox IR dongle to USB.

if you search on internet for this program, surely you will find a full explanation tutorial about what i wrote now (i wrote this based on my remebers)

good luck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows7 X64 Desperade. Eventghost can't send the events to the programs.0