Trouble getting fan art for television shows
Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I am a noobie here. I have done quite a bit of research on this matter. Here is my situation. I am in the process of loading my television media to my library. I feel I have all of the settings correct. I have my default scrapper set to thetvdb.com. This is successfully geting all of the episode info but is not getting me the fan art. When I go to the get fan art it says there is no thumb. My question is shouldn't the skinner get the associated fan art. If this has come up before I appologize but I have spent a great deal of time trying to figure this out. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Have you gone to thetvdb.com to see if there is fanart for the particular show you're wanting? If it's not on the website, then the scraper won't be able to download anything.

You can upload images to the website if you have a show that is lacking fanart.

If the website does have fanart for the show and the scraper isn't working, try to update to r22528 or just below it since there's some work being done that has caused problems with builds more recent than that. (google nightly builds and go to the Notes section to find particular builds or try here or here for builds.)

If that still doesn't work, then turn on debugging under settings and scan the show that isn't working and upload the log to a pastebin site. Check out my signature for more detailed information on that.

Good luck.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
jtop0222278 Wrote:Nicoli,

I tried what you said regarding going back to a previous version of xbmc to no avail. I am having trouble figuring out how to set up a debug log. I appreciate your prompt response. If you could please send me a link to a debug tutorial or give me some advice I would certainly appreciate it thank you for your time.

Go to Settings and enable Debugging.
Then go to %APPDATA%\XBMC\ (which is the shortcut to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Application Data\XBMC) using Windows Explorer and look for xbmc.log. If it's not there, then look for C:\Program Files\XBMC\xbmc.log and open the file with a text editor like Notepad. Copy the contents and upload to pastebin.com and post the link to it.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble getting fan art for television shows0