Container.Content(Season) in DialogVideoInfo
i'm trying to create separate layouts for tv-show and season level in the video info dialog, but xbmc doesn't seem to recognize Container.Content(Seasons) in DialogVideoInfo.xml

can this be added? or is there a reason why it's left out?

the reason for having different layouts is because most people are using banners for tv shows and posters for seasons.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i'm trying to create separate layouts for tv-show and season level in the video info dialog, but xbmc doesn't seem to recognize Container.Content(Season) in DialogVideoInfo.xml

can this be added? or is there a reason why it's left out?

the reason for having different layouts is because most people are using banners for tv shows and posters for seasons.
should be Container.Content(seasons)
eumel Wrote:should be Container.Content(seasons)

regardless of my typo, it's not working ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:regardless of my typo, it's not working ;-)

oh excuse me, but sometimes there's just such typos are the tearing of hairWink
Longwinded I know but couldn't you use !Container.Content(tvshows) + !Container.Content(episodes) + !Container.Content(movies) if it's only seasons that's not playing ball?
Maybe you can do it with a trick?
In the season level view installs a button without textures with an ID and in the video info dialog query if it is visible.

i don't know if it work.
Hitcher Wrote:Longwinded I know but couldn't you use !Container.Content(tvshows) + !Container.Content(episodes) + !Container.Content(movies) if it's only seasons that's not playing ball?

thanx for the idea. tried it, but if i use !Container.Content(tvshows), it won't show up for seasons either.
thanx for the tips the both of you. i found something that works for me:
<visible>Container.Content(tvshows) + !StringCompare(Container.FolderPath,videodb://2/2/)</visible>

however, proper Container.Content(Seasons) support in dialogs would be better of course.
Note that technically we don't actually support season information in that dialog anyway. You'll notice you get the same info (other than the thumb??) as you do for doing an info lookup on the show item.

Given that there's no extra info for the season, IMO the better fix is to switch so that we display the tvshow thumb rather than the season thumb.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Note that technically we don't actually support season information in that dialog anyway. You'll notice you get the same info (other than the thumb??) as you do for doing an info lookup on the show item.

Given that there's no extra info for the season, IMO the better fix is to switch so that we display the tvshow thumb rather than the season thumb.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,
Jonathan

yep, agreed. just showing the tv show thumb at season level would be best.
jmarshall Wrote:Given that there's no extra info for the season

second thought...would it be worth implementing this?
from a user point of view, i would expect to see the number of episodes for the selected season in the dialog instead of the total number of seasons/episodes for the entire tv show.
i also would expect to be able to change the season thumb in the dialog and not the tv show thumb. this seems to be one of the things that confuses new users, they can use the dialog to change thumbs/fanart for just about everything, except for the season thumb. it's kinda hard to explain they'll have to use the context menu for this instead.

so for consistency across the skin/xbmc proper seasons support in dialog windows would be preferable imho.
Damnit! You and your entirely reasonable suggestions that make more work for us more devs :p

Mind adding a ticket to trac with the details so we don't forget Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

the more work you do, the better xbmc will be. should be a comforting thought.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7198
Heh - thanks for the ticket!

i would love to see this implemented too. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Container.Content(Season) in DialogVideoInfo0