Movie Poster Desktop Wallpaper creator
Ayla Wrote:I have 800 movies, so a way to limit the number would be great Smile

You can't say I never listen to requests... there is a new version (1.0.3554.21893) which has the limit feature.

http://www.goodeyesoftware.com/PosterMosaic
Ayla Wrote:I have 800 movies, so a way to limit the number would be great Smile

and by the way... 800 MOVIES?!!? I can't even imagine finding 800 movies that I would keep. That is a ton.
Thanks for listening Donzella Smile

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me...

One of my folders gives an illegal character error.

Another one gives an error about running out of memory, before completing Sad
Ayla Wrote:Thanks for listening Donzella Smile

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me...

One of my folders gives an illegal character error.

Another one gives an error about running out of memory, before completing Sad

Illegal character? Strange that a file name that Windows recognizes throws an error in the app. I can probably fix that by just catching an errors thrown by illegal characters and skip those files.

The out of memory thing is most likely due to the number of images you have. It still scans all of them even if you limit the number it uses so it can randomize all of them so your result would be different every time you ran it. I am not exactly sure how to address that. I will look at it a little and see if there is something I can figure out.
Donzella Wrote:Illegal character? Strange that a file name that Windows recognizes throws an error in the app. I can probably fix that by just catching an errors thrown by illegal characters and skip those files.

The out of memory thing is most likely due to the number of images you have. It still scans all of them even if you limit the number it uses so it can randomize all of them so your result would be different every time you ran it. I am not exactly sure how to address that. I will look at it a little and see if there is something I can figure out.

Thanks Smile

Don't know if you need it, but here is error screen:
I just ran a test with 960 posters and it ran without even hesitating so I don't think it is the number of images you have if you actually have 800 images. I am thinking it might be that illegal character that maybe threw the whole thing into a tizzy and crashed on you.

Do you happen to know the file name with the illegal character so I can play with that a little?
It just completed with 455 pictures, so the limit is somewhere near 500 I think.
I'm not sure which file it doesn't like...

Maybe it's the Movie 'Breaker' Morant... .tbn has ' sign in it too, but I'm just guessing here....
Ayla Wrote:I'm not sure which file it doesn't like...

Maybe it's the Movie 'Breaker' Morant... .tbn has ' sign in it too, but I'm just guessing here....

I renamed one of mine to that name and it didn't error so that's not it I guess.

Are your posters really large or something? All of mine around 500x750.
Yes, most posters are 1000x1500 Smile

Another request... It seems that you make a white border around the finalized picture.

Could there be an option to make the border black instead?
Ayla Wrote:Yes, most posters are 1000x1500 Smile

Another request... It seems that you make a white border around the finalized picture.

Could there be an option to make the border black instead?

Ah, the huge posters might be why the memory problems are happening. I don't really know how to combat that. I looked the code closely to make sure I was handling the resources the best I could and I am doing what should be done with it. I'll do a little research and see if anyone else in the world has dealt with this issue.

As far as the border goes... I don't put a border around the posters. If there is a border around it, it must be in your original image. I just take the original and resize it and put it in the grid as is.
Thanks for sharing.

Question:
I have movies in many folders across many different hard drives (5 total). How can I combine them all so that I have all movies tbns for the wallpaper? Thanks.
anoobie Wrote:Thanks for sharing.

Question:
I have movies in many folders across many different hard drives (5 total). How can I combine them all so that I have all movies tbns for the wallpaper? Thanks.

Ooo, good question. I had not considered that scenario. Honestly, I don't know yet. I am going to have to think about it and see if I can come up with something creative.
Had a thought. Would anyone be interested in an option to fade the images back some to cut down the busyness of the wallpaper? Just a thought.
Yes, if you could have a slidder that would allow for fade adjustment it would be a nice touch. Like you said tons of different colors sometimes gets hard to look at.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Poster Desktop Wallpaper creator0