Low Cost Alternative for Long Run HDMI Cabling
First I have no business interest in the company that I'm going to mention in this post. I just found that their product will fit a probable necessity for some of you and wished to share that information.

I actually wanted to post this in the Off-Topic section, but one can not directly start a thread there.

I personally find this information pretty worthy and in direct relation to our XBMC and Home Theater Community .

I'm sure some of you probably wonder, how in the world can I connect my HDMI capable 1080p TV to my computer when the computer isn't near enough to it and those HDMI cables are so darn expensive. You know you have that nice TV in your Bedroom but your computer is out in the Den 1 floor down or on the other side of the house.

Well wonder no more...

Recently a company produced a system which can now send an
HDMI Full 1080p signal over Cat5e/6 cables.

Something that is Far Cheaper then that non-flexiable HDMI cables that one would have to use.

That company is SECO-LARM and they have a product out under their ENFORCER brand model MVE-AH010Q which allows HDMI over cat5e/6 cable.

Their Brochure states that a 1080p signal can be pushed out to 196 feet (60m).

Installation looks easy enough.

Hope some of you find this piece of information informative.

Cheers
CyberMaxX
Seems to fit in the hardware forum IMO.
althekiller Wrote:Seems to fit in the hardware forum IMO.

Confused D'oh Silly me, I didn't even see the hardware forum, thanks for the move althekiller
Is there any word on the cost?

Here is 131 feet of HDMI cable for 128 dollars.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/produc...1&format=2

Edit: Sorry, I lied; it is $148 for 131 feet. Same link.
natethomas Wrote:Is there any word on the cost?

I was gonna link to the same thing but was too lazy to confirm it was actually cheaper. Wink
natethomas Wrote:Is there any word on the cost?

Here's a few different models on AMAZON They range from 89.00 USD -> 600.00+ USD depending if you want a complete in a wall mounted type unit, or a small external unit & power supply or a unit capable of also sending IR signals and/or a unit that is capable of connecting 4 HDMI devices at once over a long distance.

I honestly Don't have a price yet on the unit I mentioned, I was going to give them a call on Monday morning to get some more information, and I'll post back here. But on Amazon I see like products for about 80.00 to 90.00 bucks.

That HDMI cable is 24AWG CL2 that's one fat wire to be pushing around in a wall and it's not all that flexiable.

Also, here's some FAQ's about Long Run HDMI cables - directly from the site that you posted.

Quote:Question: Will these cables pass a 1080p signal.
Answer: Yes.

All of our "Certified Cables" will easily pass a 1080p signal. Our extended length cables (40ft and longer) have been able to pass a 1080p signal in our own lab tests. In some situations, an equalizer was needed.

Results will vary depending on the equipment being used. Not all pairs of equipment are capable of passing signals over extended runs.

Quote:Question: What does an equalizer do?
Answer: An equalizer compensates for signal loss over a long cable run allowing for longer cable runs. It equalizes the signal levels.

Cheers
CyberMaxX

That is a good price on some HDMI to cat6 gear. I have heard good things about it but I would check around on like avsforums to see professional opinions about it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Low Cost Alternative for Long Run HDMI Cabling0