Limit "TV Show" and "Movies" sections to their respective... sections?
Okay, so, I don't know if this is skin-specific, or system-wide or what.

Most (all?) skins have "Movies" and "TV Shows" options on the home screen, which take you directly to the respective section of the XBMC video library. That's great. I love it.

What kinda bugs me is when I hit the "previous screen" button on my remote, it doesn't take me back to the home screen, it takes me to the main library screen, where I can choose "TV Shows", "Movies", "Recently added blah blah blah", etc.

I'd rather my "TV Shows" and "Movies" sections limit me to that section (mostly for ease of use for my girlfriend).

Is this something I can do?
Most skins actually DO do this correctly. They have the return parameter to the ActivateWindow function.

Note that there was recently about 150 revisions in SVN where this function didn't work as attended - it's back up and running now.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Awesome. I thought that's how it was on 9.04.012654gf5532533 or whatever, but I wasn't sure. I'll grab the latest build.

Thanks!
Okay, latest build fixed this, but I'm still seeing a related problem, I think.

Open up the "Videos" section, switch it to File Mode. Back out, and go into "Movies" or "TV Shows", then back out to the home screen, and back into "Videos", and it's back in Library mode.
That's a problem with whatever skin you are using I suspect.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Currently using Mediastream-Redux. I'll try a couple of others and see what's up.
Its the reason I don't use horizonz although it looks nice. How it deals with tvshows and videos is so dumb as to be unfathomable.
Mediastream Redux works just fine for this (at least last time I used it it did).

It should be linking via ActivateWindow(VideoFiles) on whatever button you are pressing?

You can probably take a nosy through Home.xml to verify this.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I assume this is what you're referring to:

Code:
<control type="button" id="90104">
    <include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
    <label>744</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles)</onclick>
</control>

If so, yup, that's in Home.xml.

Still, though, on build 22975-dx, if I click on "Videos", it takes me to my videos library. If I disable library mode (switch it back to files mode), then exit back to the home screen, I can go directly back to Videos, and it will still be in files mode.

If I go to Movies, then back to home, then back to Videos, videos will be back in library mode (and will open right to the movies section).

Same goes for TV shows.

I'll be installing a nightly build tonight or tomorrow. I'll let ya know if anything changes.
Videos must be linking to ActivateWindow(Videos) then. Change it to VideoFiles.

JM, you da man.

The one I posted was from the wrong part of home.xml.

I needed to edit this:

Code:
                    <item id="2">
    <label>3</label>
    <label2>31000</label2>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles)</onclick>
    <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg</icon>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Video_Folder)]</thumb>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoVideosButton)</visible>
</item>

Thanks very much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help