vlc in xbmc
Hi All,

I need help with vlc.py with ctypes.

How can I had or build plugin with vlc.py (ctypes) ?

Thanx
DrCode
Probably need to start with a far more detailed explanation of the problem.
Hi Althkiller,

I am looking for vlc in xbmc plugin (without luncher) using vlc.py code.

I will be glad if someone can post simple example.

Thanx
DrCode
Right, still no damn clue WTH you're on about. But, you're dr. code, I'm sure you can figure it out.
@drcode
You need to explain what are you trying to do in the first place, what is the problem you found and what do you want others to help you with... You knowing what you know doesn't mean others do as well, so you need to detail some more...
Just my guess but I'd say he wants to launch the program VLC from within XBMC by using code found on vlc.py
drcode Wrote:I am looking for vlc in xbmc plugin (without luncher) using vlc.py code.
The way I read it, he'd like to create a plugin to use vlc as playback engine, without the need for the external launcher option.
Why he would want to do it is beyond me, though.
If that's the case, then he needs this...
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43511

If I understand this right, there's nothing to be done different in the plugin, simply using use the xbmc.Player() or xbmc.Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO)

PS: Before we spend too much time trying to guess what Dr Code might want, we should probably let him have another go... Smile
I want to to launch the program VLC from within XBMC by using code found on vlc.py , any help?

Thanx
DrCode
What are you trying to achieve by doing this? If all you want is external player support then take a look at external player support - http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=HOW-TO_u...a_playback

However saying that, xbmc should play all of the files that vlc will.

Some more info about what you are trying to achieve and why will allow people to help you more, so far you have told us nothing.
Hi All,

I don't want to make vlc has default player of xbmc, I want to be able also to run vlc.py has plugin , so for example I will be able to show my web cam in xbmc via vlc or watch TV in xbmc via vlc ?

I want to use vnc.py (that using libvlc.dll)

Thanx
DrCode
@drcode
That's called video streaming, you want VLC to run on your PC and stream video contents (like webcams and live tv) to the XBMC, possibily running on some other machine.

Maybe this helps - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=207206, there's lots of other posts on the XBMC forums, try searching.

Sometime is much easier if you explain what you're trying to accomplish, if you are not sure how Smile
I think one major missing feature today is the lack of transcoding for phones, laptops, via Internet.
Almost Evebody has a smart Phone (well not really, but it will get there), and it will be usefull to be able to see movie, tv shows, music, pictures while you're away....
Don't understand why the developers havent pick this up yet.
XBMC already has a web interface, it only lacks the transcoding...
Question 
I would like to either find a plug-in or ask about what I should do in 2 Separate Problems. I have searched but am having difficulty finding what I should do.

I stream using vlc over my lan and I would like to use xbmc's wonderful looks, GUI, and library access to manage those streams. I guess I need implementation for transcoding. I'm not the first to seek this I'm sure.
What can be said to my request to link VLC's Streaming synced over RTP to XBMCs sexiness. Oo

Also I have a 64 bit Ubuntu setup and would love XBMC to be supported but since it isn't for me what knowledge do I need to code it myself. Can it be modified.

I Actually enjoy using the terminal and would like to be a master. Does XBMC have like a terminal connection for example a GUI less control protocol through terminal or just run a separate instance with out the GUI?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
vlc in xbmc1