• 3(current)
[WINDOWS] Any possibility of adding WASAPI support?
thanks again, it's a cracking patch!

thought i'd share the most recent build i've done. It only allows 10 downloads.
25761 - http://rapidshare.com/files/321566132/XB...x.exe.html
ArtVandelae Wrote:If the setting is enabled it will use WASAPI if possible. WASAPI outputs the raw audio stream without resampling or mixing so if your hardware (sound card, receiver, etc...) doesn't support the sample rate or number of channels of your media it will fall back to Directsound so the audio will still play.

I ultimately decided against adding a menu option to toggle this since I initially thought that it would only be really beneficial to a small minority of users who, like me, ran HDMI audio to a receiver. If, however, it turns out to be useful to more than a small niche of people it wouldn't be too much trouble to make it a menu item that can be toggled.

Thanks for the info. Keep up the good work.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
I just put a new version of the patch up. This one allows you to select a WASAPI device via the audio setup screen instead of needing to go through the advancedsettings.xml file.
ArtVandelae Wrote:I just put a new version of the patch up. This one allows you to select a WASAPI device via the audio setup screen instead of needing to go through the advancedsettings.xml file.

superb! thanks again.
Very cool work Art! Is there a link to your latest build of it?
christoofar Wrote:Very cool work Art! Is there a link to your latest build of it?

i'm off from work, so uploading is a chore, I'll see what i can do though.
Art,
Would your patch allow (with additional coding) for XBMC to send multiple audio streams to different PC audio outputs?

Example:
XBMC playing Music
... output to main receiver via HDMI, using WASAPI
... output to other amp via PC analog outputs, using normal windows system

Windows XP is able to output both Digital & Analog simultaneously, Vista & Win7 killed that feature so if XBMC can add it back in this would be a huge benefit!

If it could, and a wonderful dev like yourself decided to code it, this would enable multi-zone audio (using a single source)... for those of us that have ceiling speakers in multiple rooms and back patio Smile
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Camelot final with WASAPI support:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AQE6HCHG

You need to install the full package found on the main xbmc.org page and then just copy this executable over the old one.

Modifying the advancedsettings.xml file is no longer required to enable WASAPI output. Just go to Settings->System->Audio Settings and select a WASAPI device with the spinner control.
many thanks & Merry Xmas!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks!
ArtVandelae Wrote:Camelot final with WASAPI support:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AQE6HCHG

You need to install the full package found on the main xbmc.org page and then just copy this executable over the old one.

Modifying the advancedsettings.xml file is no longer required to enable WASAPI output. Just go to Settings->System->Audio Settings and select a WASAPI device with the spinner control.

Sweet... will try today!

Art,
Would your patch allow (with additional coding) for XBMC to send multiple audio streams to different PC audio outputs?

Example:
XBMC playing Music
... output to main receiver via HDMI, using WASAPI
... output to other amp via PC analog outputs, using normal windows system

Windows XP is able to output both Digital & Analog simultaneously, Vista & Win7 killed that feature so if XBMC can add it back in this would be a huge benefit!

If it could, and a wonderful dev like yourself decided to code it, this would enable multi-zone audio (using a single source)... for those of us that have ceiling speakers in multiple rooms and back patio
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
sorry, didnt mean to post.
Great work Art, thanks so much!
This is just great! Thanks for the work ArtVandelae. Is it at all possible that paplayer passthrough at 24bit can be added as I have a lot of 24bit vinyl rips and would like to play them bit perfect.... Thanks again
just installed (win7 32bit + asus gt240 + yahama 663)

working great! thanks!

correctly bypassed windows audio settings!

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Any possibility of adding WASAPI support?0