Any Software programs to auto rip dvds with info/media files?
Hello,
I have a large DVD collection I would like to rip to .ISO. I know how to get it the .ISO format but is there an automated way where a program would recognize the DVD create a folder of the same name and add DVD covers to it? What I am kinda looking for is like a CD Ripper that creates MP3's from CDs. Do they make anything like that for DVDs?
Thanks
Check out HandBrake and see if it suits your needs.
jbalicki10 Wrote:Hello,
I have a large DVD collection I would like to rip to .ISO. I know how to get it the .ISO format but is there an automated way where a program would recognize the DVD create a folder of the same name and add DVD covers to it? What I am kinda looking for is like a CD Ripper that creates MP3's from CDs. Do they make anything like that for DVDs?
Thanks

XBMC will do this automatically so why are needing to do this...

if you want the files for other reasons use one of the media managers, like ember, media companion, etc or just export your library from XBMC...

maybe my handbrake knowledge is outdated but last time I checked handbrake had nothing to do with scraping....

Sean
Ill take a look i already seen a program on my computer doing that ill search too see if i still have it and tell you the name
Its worth pointing out that Handbrake no longer rips copy protected dvd's under Windows. The CSS-decryption library (libdvdcss) has been removed.

If you have a MAC or Linux and install VLC, then Handbrake will read the library form there; but with Windows you'll need to break protection before Handbrake will read the source.

You can try 'DVDDecrypter' or 'DVDFab HD Decrypter'. It adds an extra step which is a pain.

If you dont need to compress your movies though, and are happy with ISO files, handbrake is unneccessary.

Once you're done, if you rename the folders and video files to correspond with their 'www.themoviedb.org' entry, then XBMC will do the scraping for you.
chris2922 Wrote:Its worth pointing out that Handbrake no longer rips copy protected dvd's under Windows. The CSS-decryption library (libdvdcss) has been removed.

If you have a MAC or Linux and install VLC, then Handbrake will read the library form there; but with Windows you'll need to break protection before Handbrake will read the source.

You can try 'DVDDecrypter' or 'DVDFab HD Decrypter'. It adds an extra step which is a pain.

If you dont need to compress your movies though, and are happy with ISO files, handbrake is unneccessary.

Once you're done, if you rename the folders and video files to correspond with their 'www.themoviedb.org' entry, then XBMC will do the scraping for you.

Or you can use my script :

http://code.google.com/p/luemmels-dvd-ripper/

CU Hans

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any Software programs to auto rip dvds with info/media files?0