Trailers in Home Screen, how to 'activate' it?
In the Home Screen there is menu called trailers. Can I put some downloaded trailers that are stored on my hdd in some kind of dir. and after this select trailers in the home menu to select a trailer and see this? (at the moment nothing happens when I click Trailers in the home menu).
Don't dream your life, live your dream
FAQ #12 explains how to use the trailer button on the home menu.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:FAQ #12 explains how to use the trailer button on the home menu.

I don t understand it, sorry Sad

Do I first have to download a script from the internet or something like that?
THX-UltraII Wrote:I don t understand it, sorry Sad

Do I first have to download a script from the internet or something like that?

yes, this button is used to launch the apple movie trailers script.
it's not meant to take you to your locally stored trailers folder.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:yes, this button is used to launch the apple movie trailers script.
it's not meant to take you to your locally stored trailers folder.

So is what I want not possible?

Where can I get the Apple trailers script btw and how do I config it?
You can get it from the SVN Installer and it will allow you to download and the installer will install it for you.
I have AMTII and AMT Light. I've tried selecting both "default.py" files for the Trailers button but get an error (sorry, at work now and don't remember the error) when I select it.

Is this because I need plain-old whitebread AMT? If so I can't find it using the SVN repo installer. Just the other two.
mattohara Wrote:I have AMTII and AMT Light. I've tried selecting both "default.py" files for the Trailers button but get an error (sorry, at work now and don't remember the error) when I select it.

Is this because I need plain-old whitebread AMT? If so I can't find it using the SVN repo installer. Just the other two.

you'll need the AMT script.
both AMTII and the follow-up AMT light are plugins, so no, those won't work. ;-)

SVN Repo Installer > xbmc-scripting > Apple Movie Trailers (vpre-0.99.7.2)
AHA! maybe post that in the FAQ?

thanks ronie. love the skin.

is it supposed to be the default action that when you have it paused and select the subtitles option the movie un-pauses?
mattohara Wrote:AHA! maybe post that in the FAQ?

it's already in the faq:
Quote:you also have to enter the path to the Apple Movie Trailers script

mattohara Wrote:is it supposed to be the default action that when you have it paused and select the subtitles option the movie un-pauses?

good one. the subtitle script will pause the movie (nothing i can do about that), but if the movie is already paused it will indeed start playing again.

if it bothers you, just ask if it can be fixed in the osd_opensubtitles thread.
ronie Wrote:FAQ #12 explains how to use the trailer button on the home menu.

Quote:12. HELP!!! My Apple Movie Trailers button on the Home Menu won’t work
You can add the Trailers button by enabling it just like all the other Home Button options,
but you also have to enter the path to the Apple Movie Trailers script: Settings > Skin Settings > Scripts > Apple Movie Trailers Path
And enter the path to the script. (e.g. /home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/Apple Movie Trailers/default.py)

Erm, so how am I supposed to navigate to this path? XBMC does not show hidden folders and with the keyboard I can't enter anything. The SVN repo app put the apple movie trailer script in the hidden .xbmc path...
uhh, ehh, nevermind. i just found an option to show hidden directories in the appearance settings... Smile
ronie Wrote:it's already in the faq:

good one. the subtitle script will pause the movie (nothing i can do about that), but if the movie is already paused it will indeed start playing again.

if it bothers you, just ask if it can be fixed in the osd_opensubtitles thread.

That is fixed in the version 1.33, it now checks if the movie is paused.

Zeljko
Amet Wrote:That is fixed in the version 1.33, it now checks if the movie is paused.

Zeljko

thanx for the headsup!
Amet Wrote:That is fixed in the version 1.33, it now checks if the movie is paused.

Zeljko

you guys are awesome. thanks so much. this is why i left boxee. Oo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailers in Home Screen, how to 'activate' it?0