Great Skin, added bonus being almost perfect for touchscreen users
This is a great looking, sleek, and minimalistic skin. The by-product of producing a skin for keyboard/mouse users is that functionality is almost entirely present for a touchscreen only user!

If anyone can point me in the direction of skinning documentation that outlines the following two functionality, i this skin would be fully touchscreen friendly!

1) On-screen button/item, that displays a content menu? Is this possible, How do i
2) On-screen button/item, that issues the back/escape functionality.

These two options would fit right at home, on the left handside of the Clock/Time in the upper right.

Thanks for your work on this!
This is easy to do but it's not really a high priority. But if you bother me enough I might give in. Laugh
great thanks , or give me a couple hints as to which files i can look at, i can take a crack at modifying my local copy..

edit: includes.xml : <include name="SystemTray"> looks interesting, will thumb through the skinning manual
Quote: 1) On-screen button/item, that displays a content menu? Is this possible, How do i
2) On-screen button/item, that issues the back/escape functionality.
Both of these are 'right-click'. Does your touchscreen have a way of handling that?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Looking through the skinning docs, both of these changes were trivial, and i was able to add to my copy of the Rapier skin, but other functionality within both XBMC, and the behaviour of the touch panel, result in an unwanted user experience.

Adding two buttons to includes.xml under SystemTray, with the following onclick items does the trick.

Quote:On-screen button/item, that displays a content menu?
<onclick>PreviousMenu</onclick>

The "previousmenu" functionality works as expected, and reverts me to the previous screen. But, when you really need to use it, say when a pop up menu appears, and steals your focus, with no cancel or ok dialog box, all other buttons on the screen, that reside outside of the active window, are _not_ active. I assume this is XBMC behaviour, is it possible to override this functionality?

Quote:On-screen button/item, that displays a content menu

<onclick>ContextMenu</onclick>

The "contextmenu" action item works as designed, when click. Though troublesome since there really isn't the ability to "stick and hold" on an item. If i click on say a folder of mp3's, then click on the context button, focus is removed from the folder, and placed on the context button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Great Skin, added bonus being almost perfect for touchscreen users0