So what should I expect when using XBMC skins?
I have no intentions of using Boxee. I want something more like Aeon. Will I be able to use the skin without any slowdown?

I'm researching what alternatives there are for NMT devices. I currently own a HDX 1000 which does what I need in the video department. It struggles with everything else including the UI, though. YAMJ (user created) does help with that but it's too slow for my tastes. I'm still missing the days of watching videos on my Xbox using XBMC.

Anyway, I see no point in moving to Apple TV if I'm going to have to worry about the UI performance as well. I want something that plays everything and along with that a nice UI.
If you want performance gains, buy a mac mini--not an ATV
Wot he said.
ok for that price I might as well wait for Fujitsu's mini pc to see what the price will be like with a bluray drive
u can get an appleTV with a "appleTv aeon skin" (search for it on the forum) it all depends on the type of movies u watch - 1080p wont play nice
andyd Wrote:ok for that price I might as well wait for Fujitsu's mini pc to see what the price will be like with a bluray drive

It will likely be a good deal over $1000....

Gizmodo article
-stoli-
Ilia Wrote:u can get an appleTV with a "appleTv aeon skin" (search for it on the forum) it all depends on the type of movies u watch - 1080p wont play nice

720p will tear and have motion issues as well, depending on teh framerate. most 'scene' releases will not play well--movie and tv rips. There are ways around it, but requires a lot of recoding.

easiest solution is to buy something with the processor power to handle the decoding, until one day some magical sdk access comes to the atv's sigma processor? can't remember what they have in there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So what should I expect when using XBMC skins?0