Combining video + custom info to XBMC
Hi XBMC community! Long time XBMC follower, first time poster.

I've searched for the last few days for something to lead me in the right direction and I've come up with a few ideas where I need to go to start coding, but I figured I'd see if there is an easy way to do what I'm trying to do. I figured this would be the appropriate forum for it.

So I have a system that records 20Mbps mpg2 720p files continuously and the file is cut based on when the show starts/stops. I also have a lot of information in parallel to these files such as closed captioning, and time codes for commercial breaks. These are all stored on a remote server. I can play the files in XBMC but there is no clean way of knowing what the file is other than the file name.

Is there a way that I can combine the at-hand data to be displayed in conjunction with the file? Maybe as "info"? Also, is there a way in XBMC to jump to a specific time code like setting it as a chapter since I have the time code of commercials?

It's kind of like an in-house IMDB but putting the two together in XBMC would be amazing. Also I'm sure this can be used by the community as well once I'm done with it.

Thanks so much everyone and I hope I can get some direction where I should start with this. Cool Or even better, if I can build upon something that is already out thereBig Grin
can you query that server over e.g. http? if so, you can write a scraper.
for commercial cuts use an edl file.
We have built a HTTP interface with a drop down box that displays the name of the commercial and if you click on it, it jumps to that commercial. I was actually thinking of scraping the HTTP site as one of my options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Combining video + custom info to XBMC0