wow, what a mess
OK, so when did XBMC get screwed up?

I was using build 22275, then i made a mistake about upgrading to one of the latest 23069.

everything got screwed up, libraries are dead all empty, even skin (aeon) is all screwed up.

When all this happen? and any ETA when this will get all straighten out?

Restored 22275 back and still everything is screwed up.

will post log in few.
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2009/08/31/follow-up-breakage/
ok, so what excactly is SVN PPA build?

is that before or after 23069
nekrosoft13 Wrote:ok, so what excactly is SVN PPA build?

is that before or after 23069

Check this post and use the 22516 build in the link at the end of the post to get back to a stable build.
-stoli-
very odd to lose everything while bouncing between builds. i've been going back and forth between 22516 (last stable GL build on WinXP for me) and the latest.

Keep in mind, i've been using the installer and MAKING SURE the USERDATA LOCATION remains consistent (it's the 3rd dialogue box i think, and i set mine to portable, meaning all my libraries and skin settings are within C:\Program Files\XBMC... the other option is C:\Documents and Settings\USER\something.

which also requires to start XBMC with the "-p" switch).

when i was first playing around with XBMC, i kept mixing that setting up, and often "lost" libraries, skins, etc.

not entirely sure this is the case for yourself, but it's worth noting.
database changes between builds cause older releases not to work on a library that was used with a newer one.

always a good idea to backup your database/user profile when changing builds.
It's pretty obvious everyone was warned about not updating unless they were willing to risk things. Why is this so suprising?
That's to be expected if using SVN builds!
interesting stuff.... Wink

I'm just curious about when I can get back on the svn wagon?
This is going no where...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wow, what a mess0