Synchronize multiple Mac Minis?
hi guys,

i have a new mac mini in my house running xbmc, replacing a ps3 solution, and i must say it is fantastic. now i am thinking about "rolling it out" thoughout the house, and i would like the macs to all have the same information on them (e.g. also bookmarks and programs, etc.)... is there any way to have multiple macs synchronize themselves?

thanks
peter
Do you just mean XBMC synchronization or total OS X sync?

If you just mean XBMC then it comes down to a question of if XBMC will be running at the same time on the multiple machines. If they will be I would suggest picking a master machine and then running a rsync job at a defined period (early hours of the morning perhaps) to send the userdata folder to the slave machines. If XBMC is not running at the same time you could just share the userdata folder between machines.

For OS X I would suggest a combination of Mobile Me (Safari bookmarks, preferences, mail accounts etc), RSync or Dropbox (for Apps + files) etc to do the sync.
i wonder if dropbox could work for this. you'd just put your /Library/Application Support/xbmc folder into dropbox.

getdropbox.com
Christ that is actually a good idea! Some one try it before I go in!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Synchronize multiple Mac Minis?0