Fit-PC 2.0 Turbo with Intel GMA500 integrated graphics
Hi, first time on the forum, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post!

I bought a Fit-PC to use as a media server, (http://www.fit-pc.co.uk), but XBMC doesn't run very well, due to the lack of video acceleration. Intel assure me that the video chip is capable of OpenGL 2 acceleration, but the driver supplied will only run basic OpenGL acceleration. I'm not really up to speed on this, and have tried contacting Fit-PC themselves to try and get an upgraded driver. They say that XBMC doesn't use the Cyberlink codecs under Windows.

Here is a link to my post on their forum: http://www.fit-pc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=761

Maybe you can decipher what the sysadmin is saying! Any help would be appreciated: XBMC knocks spots off the competition, and I don't really want to use WMP11...
he's saying cyberlink is in his opinion unlikely to be actively supported by xbmc because it doesn't work on all platforms.

I imagine it's not opensource/free either..

cannot comment on opengl
fit-pc is a very small pc with a pretty slow processor, intel atom.

It's being sold and marketed as being 1080p capable - yes ONLY if the software it runs on support hardware graphics acceleration as the cpu itself is NOT able to decode 1080p smoothly as you would have liked to imagine.

Users here including myself who have bought some ions/atoms based small pc are all on the same boat. We use linux version which support things like nvidia hardware gpu acceleration thus running xbmc linux on them makes more sense.

There's an active post regarding dx version of xbmc as opposed to open gl versions. In future, perhaps we would see exclusive dx stable builds for xbmc windows. Dx builds are the ones we would like as it offers direct-x support which would help you with media playback on your machine.

Fit-PC said themselves they are also looking at linux xbmc, perhaps you might want to try that?
If MPC-HC works then its because it supports DXVA hardware acceleration so your best option is to setup XBMC to launch MPC-HC

You can find out how in the wiki the latest builds use the playercorefactory.xml method

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_use_a...a_playback

Theres also a whole thread about it in this section
OK, some useful info there, thanks guys. So my options are: 1) Use XBMC on Linux Ubuntu, 2) Wait for XBMC to support Direct-X or 3) Launch an external video player from XBMC.

...as I understand it.

I'll try 3 then 1, then wait for 2. Thanks a lot for your help!
As far as ive gotten on my fit-pc2, i cannot get it to play 1080p smoothly, and i cannot get xbmc running due to poor opengl2 support.. Ive tried experimental drivers (mesa libraries), but i cant get them working very well.

Does anyone have a working setup of fit-pc2 and xbmc in any configuration at all?
I have a Fit-pc2 Value (1.1GHz Atom and GMA 500), I was able to get XBMC running on it under Linux (Ubuntu 9.04). I used the info from the Fit-PC website to build the display drivers, then did an apt-get install of XBMC.

The only other thing I need to do was to change one of the settings under video to software to get the video correct.

I was unsuccessful at using 9.10 ubuntu.
Star 
After reading the brief introduction about the Camelot release (9.11), I understand that DirectX is now officially endorsed by XBMC. Does this mean that there are any chances to get the windows version of XBMC to use the Intel video acceleration module?

(I appologize if this question is already answered in other threads, but this seems to be the most appropriate thread to post questions regarding the FitPC2 platform)
Star 
Well, I decided to investigate the matter myself... I upgraded XP (pro) to the latest n' greatest SP, online updates, etc. I also downloaded (and installed) the latest Audio, Video, Chipset and NIC drivers from CompuLab.

Finally, I installed XBMC (9.11) + DX SDK. Result?
Poor, at best. I changed skin to PM3HD to get an acceptable user interface, but it was sluggish and confusing compared to my XBOX (Using Atlantis).

Video playback is awful, regardless source file. To put it simple: XBMC is not useful as a HTPC UI on the FitPC2.

Nothing more to say...
Did you try out the dsplayer branch of xbmc?
Quote:.. Video playback is awful, regardless source file. To put it simple: XBMC is not useful as a HTPC UI on the FitPC2.

Same here.. Fit-PC2 (below rev1.4) with XP3 and with Compulab recent drivers, performane even with the UI @720p was POOR!..

So this is only Gfx ACC driver problem? same result (worse) was with xbmc live!.
Damn these...
shit hw... got Zotac ID40 now... awesome piece of marvellous.. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fit-PC 2.0 Turbo with Intel GMA500 integrated graphics0