• 9(current)
Theater Backdrop for home screen (1080, 720, 4/3)
That script I posted you have to manually run it which I really like because it only runs when you tell it to run. Not when it wants to keep the system load down.
ronie Wrote:in another thread kurtwarwick came up with the idea of having a cd wall with random cd covers during playback:

at first i was a bit scared if a thing like this wouldn't eat all your cpu resources, but it turns out it almost runs as smooth as a breeze:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCfjJX_5B88

This is just what i'm looking for. Any chance i can get the code for this? Big Grin
RustyCage Wrote:This is just what i'm looking for. Any chance i can get the code for this? Big Grin

sure http://pastebin.com/m7ac44326

it will be included in the next release of Transparency! of course. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:sure http://pastebin.com/m7ac44326

Hi ronie,

I can't really see a difference between your approach for music and mine for video.

Am I correct in assuming this would be too cpu intensive for the AppleTV and or Xbox ?

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Hi ronie,

I can't really see a difference between your approach for music and mine for video.

me neither...i guess the only difference is the filesize of the images, the album thumbs are only ~30k each. i'm sure the fanart images you used were a lot bigger.

jpf55 Wrote:Am I correct in assuming this would be too cpu intensive for the AppleTV and or Xbox ?

no clue, i don't own either of those.
i'll see if i can upload a beta release next week, so everyone can test it themselves.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:sure http://pastebin.com/m7ac44326

Thanks! Erhm stupid question: where do i put the code? Blush
RustyCage Wrote:Thanks! Erhm stupid question: where do i put the code? Blush

ehhh...in the 720p folder?

next probably you have to include it in Includes.xml and MusicVisualisation.xml, create a couple of settings in custom_SkinSettings_1111.xml to enable it and to define a custom cd covers folder.

oh, and don't forget to create the cover shadow overlay.

should be fairly easy i guess ;-p
Hi Guys

Quick question, How do I disable these backdrops? Rather than having a small fanart in a theatre screen or ipod screen I just want full screen fanart (from my cache) cycling on my homescreen for movies/tv/music.

Thanks in advance
drc13 Wrote:Quick question, How do I disable these backdrops? Rather than having a small fanart in a theatre screen or ipod screen I just want full screen fanart (from my cache) cycling on my homescreen for movies/tv/music.

Settings > Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Home - Movies > Multiple Image
and select you cached fanart folder.
ronie Wrote:Settings > Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Home - Movies > Multiple Image
and select you cached fanart folder.

That works perfectly thanks! Just got to seperate my tv fanart from my movie fanart and make the pictures cycle a little bit slower so I'll do some searching on how to do that.

Cheers

EDIT: Got my fanart seperated now and adjusted the delay an very happy with the results, thanks again!
Star 
Any chance we could have the CD wall oversized and then Ken Burns effect or is that just a bit over doing it? I'd like more control over the speed of random covers hit the screen.... my system is a tad fast.
PatK Wrote:Any chance we could have the CD wall oversized and then Ken Burns effect or is that just a bit over doing it?

it may take a bit more cpu power, but it should be possible to add Ken Burns effects i guess... will have to test.

PatK Wrote:I'd like more control over the speed of random covers hit the screen.... my system is a tad fast.

i've set different timings for each cover, so it's not possible to adjust.
other than modifying the xml file of course.
Star 
ronie Wrote:it may take a bit more cpu power, but it should be possible to add Ken Burns effects i guess... will have to test.

Plenty of CPU/GPU to burn when listening to music Laugh OTH it might smack too much of MMC... but I'll bet it'll zoom along faster. I do note that dups seem to appear often (450 thumbs) and I thought I picked them out. I do love how it first starts laying up the covers randomly and although I love Milkdrop, covers will outlast it. I'm wondering if it's possible every so often to pop a full screen sized fan art and the CD wall agains cover it... might be a nice effect.

ronie Wrote:i've set different timings for each cover, so it's not possible to adjust. other than modifying the xml file of course.

I'll have to do some experimenting then.... gawd this is turning out to be quite the joy.... at least from my perspective...well maybe not so much on your side.

Exploring those thumb caches explained a lot on the inner workings of the program, clearly I messed up cataloguing... covers mixed with movies etc. I might start over again... but everything is still looking good.

Keep up the good work!Nod
(2009-09-24, 14:47)ronie Wrote:
Amet Wrote:That's a good idea.. how would you stretch it out of proportions to fit the screen and create "3d" effect?Is that at all possible?

Cheers
Zeljko

maocul Wrote:I'd love to see this work in a dynamic way with something like the extrathumbs theory from AEON.

like this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-bqU8xLEt4

This is what i have been looking for Big Grin
How can i get this?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Theater Backdrop for home screen (1080, 720, 4/3)1