• 1(current)
Theater Backdrop for home screen (1080, 720, 4/3)
4:3 example:

A lot of this in a folder using the multimage backdrop view in the home screen make a beautiful effect (Look at this Video). These images are easy to make using Gimp. Here you can find the 720, 1080 and 1024x768 image with trasparent screen ready to edit. Enjoy.
looks very nice! i like the idea. ;-)
you may want to post the xml code you're using, so others can try it too.

cheers.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:looks very nice! i like the idea. ;-)
you may want to post the xml code you're using, so others can try it too.

cheers.

I don't use any custom xml ... i don't get what you mean.
ah..i get it. i thought you were using some xml code to display the images on the moviescreen.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:ah..i get it. i thought you were using some xml code to display the images on the moviescreen.

That's a good idea.. how would you stretch it out of proportions to fit the screen and create "3d" effect?Is that at all possible?

Cheers
Zeljko
I'd love to see this work in a dynamic way with something like the extrathumbs theory from AEON.
did you make it look 3d? it looks great
Amet Wrote:That's a good idea.. how would you stretch it out of proportions to fit the screen and create "3d" effect?Is that at all possible?

Cheers
Zeljko

maocul Wrote:I'd love to see this work in a dynamic way with something like the extrathumbs theory from AEON.

like this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-bqU8xLEt4
ronie Wrote:like this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-bqU8xLEt4

yeah, exactly...But what I am thinking is that when you scrolling through the DB, it wouldn't change the whole Fanart background, instead just the picture in the screen.

I know that the Transparency! is Fanart skin and I love it, just thinking if something like this would be possible and if it would look neat.

Cheers
Zeljko
This is a Tv Show try :

I love this idea and I understand the logic but did you actually get this to work or are they fake videos for demonstration ?

If you actually did it, how?

I know I'm new to all this but I can't even get a PNG to show up as a backdrop, let alone showing fanart behind it...
it might not be visible on screens with lower contrast ratio, but there's a big darker black bar on the left side of the image, here's the fixed 1080p version of the picture without black bar
Edit: the selection of the transparent part of the image is more accurate on the original picture, I don't know how to select it that accurately (i'm not very good with gimp...). if someone could fix the selection too, that would be great.
jpf55 Wrote:I love this idea and I understand the logic but did you actually get this to work or are they fake videos for demonstration ?

i don't produce fakes. everything's real. ;-)

jpf55 Wrote:If you actually did it, how?

by putting a multiimage control behind the backdrop and applying the animated background effects that are already in the skin.
it will get the fanart from xbmc's cache folder (userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart)

jpf55 Wrote:I know I'm new to all this but I can't even get a PNG to show up as a backdrop, let alone showing fanart behind it...

i will have to clean up the code a bit and do some more testing. if i'm done i'll post it here.
francyboy Wrote:Image

could you post a link to the original, unedited image?
That 'Ken Burns' demo you had looked pretty sharp...
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Theater Backdrop for home screen (1080, 720, 4/3)1