XMBCHelper feature request
Would it be possible to change XBMCHelper so it can be told to kill (or even better kill and restart) the XBMC process?

Every now and again for whatever reason XBMC locks up on my mac and I have to ssh into the machine and kill the process manually so it can be restarted. This is ok for me but the wife has no hope of being taught how to do this Sad

Bascially I'd love to be able to map a virtual button on my Harmony remote to kill and restart the XMBC process if the worst happens.

Is this possible or something that can be achieved another way?

Thanks!
Hi Weavus,

Weavus Wrote:Would it be possible to change XBMCHelper so it can be told to kill (or even better kill and restart) the XBMC process?

possible yeah, but this goes pretty much into the direction of those universal AppleRemote apps like RemoteBuddy and SofaControl. I think they are already able to do things like that (though I've not tried it myself).
It might be better for us to spend the time to fix those bugs that make XBMC hang Wink

ofc, patches welcome!

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sure, in an ideal world XBMC would be bug free, but until you stop adding features to it there will always be slight hiccups in service!

I have a license for RemoteBuddy but ever since you created the fantastic support for the Harmony remotes in XBMCHelper I've not touched it.

Personally I think using RemoteBuddy for this single, very specific task would be a bit of an overkill (and only people with licenses would benefit from what I think would be a decent built in feature) so I might have a look at the XBMCHelper code or go the easier route and dust off RemoteBuddy and get that to do it.

Thanks
As you know from the time I spent configuring the Harmony Remote and putting together the tutorial, I find this to be one of the absolutely core features of XBMC, and very much hope that XBMCHelper is going to be able to be made to work on Snow Leopard in the near future!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBCHelper feature request0