Scraping Problem, Season number is a year?
As above im trying to scrape episodes of this but it wont seem to work at all.

In all my other tv shows i have them labelled as s01e01 etc, so with this i tried s2009e01 etc but it wont recognise it at all, any help appreciated.
yeah, that's not gonna fly. our code only allocates 8 bits to season numbers.
You could set up an nfo file for this series... using the series id and season id...
still helps jack - we can't represent the season properly number in xbmc.
spiff Wrote:still helps jack - we can't represent the season properly number in xbmc.

What about if you call the season 09 ... You could possibly edit the database manually to change that couldn't you?
okay, guess i need to go into the details since you refuse to believe me (which turns out to be a good thing Wink)

you have specials. specials have a sort episode, i.e. show this between ep 7 and ep 8 in season 2.

since we only have a single number to represent these (during sorting) we use a bitmask. specifically;
Code:
// we calculate an offset number based on the episode's
  // sort season and episode values. in addition
  // we include specials 'episode' numbers to get proper
  // sorting of multiple specials in a row. each
  // of these are given their particular ranges to semi-ensure uniqueness.
  // theoretical problem: if a show has > 128 specials and two of these are placed
  // after each other they will sort backwards. if a show has > 2^8-1 seasons
  // or if a season has > 2^16-1 episodes strange things will happen (overflow)
  unsigned int num;
  if (tag->m_iSpecialSortEpisode > 0)
     num = (tag->m_iSpecialSortSeason<<24)+(tag->m_iSpecialSortEpisode<<8)-(128 tag->m_iEpisode);
  else
    num = (tag->m_iSeason<<24)+(tag->m_iEpisode<<8);

after reading the details i realize my memory was a bit off, only sorting will be a problem.
I guess the other option would be to manually add this into the database instead of scrapping it... Manually you could display the "season" as a 2 number representation of the year, no? It would take a lot more work since you have to do each episode independent but it should work right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping Problem, Season number is a year?0