Bug? Episodes added multiple times using epp.nfo
I have a created a little program which creates strm files together with an nfo and tbn file and store them in a folder containing a tvshow.nfo file. That way the streaming episodes will show up in the TVShows section.

It worked perfectly, except for one thing. As soon as a new episode was stored (an extra strm, tbn and nfo file) and the folder was scanned into the library, all episodes where added again. After adding 3 episodes the list contained 3 times episode 1, 2 times episode 2 and one time episode 1.

I can easily reproduce this problem using the following set of files: http://members.home.nl/janoz/tvshow.zip

Firts I copy the tvshow.nfo and the data for one episode into a single directory reachable by the xbox. I then set the content to tvshow, check the 'scan for content' and the 'folder contains a single tvshow' checkboxes and let it run. The show 'Test' and its episode will show up in the tvshow section. Running another 'update library' wont change a thing.

Now add the other episode to the folder and run 'update database'. On my Xbox the Test show now contains 3 episodes instead of 2.

To make it even weirder, remove an episode and do an update. The test show will now contain 4 episodes. Depending on which show you removed it will contain 3 episode 1 and 1 episode 2 or 2 of both episodes.

In short it comes down to the following. As soon as an episode is added or removed, all episodes present in the directory will be added again.

---
Forgot the most important part, versions Big Grin

XBMC for XBox version 9.04.1 r20848
Am I the only one with this problem? Has anyone tried the steps to see if it fails for them as well? I discovered that 'search for new content' will also add every episode again. The only way to get this correct is to remove the show from the library completely before doing a library update.
please post a full debug log
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug? Episodes added multiple times using epp.nfo0