• 6(current)
Add sort by date added on movies library mode?
Hi,

unfortunatly, this seems to break movie sets:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets
mmm I don't understand why some movies are arranged well and other no.... some ideas?
I too prefer to list movies by date added. I'd prefer to use the file creation timestamp, but the current implementation is good enough most of the time. Except that I'd like the reverse sort order. Most recent movies at the top, so that they'd appear right away without scrolling for them. Cycling through the sort options, this doesn't seem to be possible. Any chance it will be added?
git HEAD allows the files view to show full movie information, complete with sort by date.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi,

Great !!! Looking for this since long time. Any clue how to run it in Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

I tried it but no success. In the log file there is a "Exception: Could not get AddonPtr!"
message.

Also wonder if the script sorts by FOLDER creation date. I have a folder per movie and I would like to have the Folder creation date as the sort key.

I have had to recreate some damaged file movies or move the filemovie to a different container (dvd > mkv) or sound format to make compatible with xbox and this changes both the creation and the modification date of the file but the Folder info is untouched.

Thanks in advance
I installed a virtual VM with Windows 7 and XBMC 10.1 in my mac to test the script but I got the same error that I got running it natively in my mac.

Any help?

Should I be running XBMC 10.0?

Thanks
carmatana Wrote:Also wonder if the script sorts by FOLDER creation date. I have a folder per movie and I would like to have the Folder creation date as the sort key.

Hi all,

Just planning to swtich to latest version of XBMC on a Dell Hybrid Studio 140g running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit.

Before making the switch from a network media tank (Egreat EG-M34A) I wanna know that does this file/folder sorting by creation date actually working flawlessly in XBMC or not.

I do agree with a lot of users in this thread, I have a 2000+ movie collection hosted on NAS drives as SAMBA shares. I do quite regularly add movies while not watching all of them in the order they were added. Yet while viewing i do focus on the additions of the past 2 ~ 3 weeks to select my favorite one for viewing from the most recent additions.

So I do like to know in the file list which are the movies I have added to the NAS share in reverse chronological order (or by date descending) hence I can choose amongst the most latest added movies (not latest as in the sense of movie release year). Which make this an important feature.

Please guide me if a working solution has been found in the stock XBMC distribution or by adidng any add-ons/user scripts.

Thanks.
I got a Unix/Mac shell script that can copy the creation date value to the modification date attribute for all my movie folders in my collection in case the script takes the modification date.

However I has not been able to run the this sorting script in neither Mac or Win.

It would be helpful to have more detailed instructions about pre-requisites and how to run it.
Finally I was able to run the script, both in OSX 10.6 and Win 7.

To make it work, v2.0 script has to be in a folder named

"script.sort-media"

and sorting key, in settings, set to "Modification "(Unix/Linux)". A 200+ movie collection took less than a minute to be re-sorted by file date (it is really fast).

In Mac OSX The script uses the movie file modification date. (in Windows can be Creation date). Not the dates of the containing folder.

To resolve the problem of the Folder versus the file date, I wrote a Mac bash script that copies the Creation date of the containing folder to the movie file modification date.

Just as a reference there is a similar script, that needs to be tweaked, for Win 7 in:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=583346&postcount=5

But I do not know how to tweak it.
Hi,

I've tried to get joe miller's script to run unsuccessfully on two different machines. Both running Win 7, one with Dharma stable, other with latest XBMC nightly.

The dharma stable one just takes me to a screen which says "picture information" when I run the script, and then nothing seems to happen, and I can't run the script on the latest nightly as i get an error message saying "dependencies not met".

I am rebuilding my library so this script is exactly what i need, but just can't get it to work right now.

Any ideas? Can post debugs logs tomorrow if ness Smile

Thanks!
Yeh,

work but has some fails...

pjgm
such as...?
hello - Please make sure you're using the latest version from github (2.1). I fixed some of the issues I see above, such as the folder name and the mtime/ctime issue with respect to mac osx.

Also, if there are more errors (or patches, patches are welcome) please post on the github issues page since I don't seem to be getting all of the notifications when this forum topic is updated. https://github.com/joemiller
OK,

more details:

XBMC Ver: Stable 10.1
Skin: AEON MQ2
Script Ver: (From Git) 2.1

First... I used that .bat script: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=583346&postcount=5

To copy the creation date to the modified date of all folders.

Then I tried your script... with Windows and platform settings (haven't tried unix/linux)

Problems/Bugs:

Some Films doesn't sort like it should, file mode sort is different than library mode
Some Films that have been sorted shows up with wrong title

PS: Do you know some kind of a manual way to do it? (Maybe reloading one-by-one... I Have only 304 Smile )
Can I do it with a sql browser?

Cheers
PJGM
pjgm Wrote:PS: Do you know some kind of a manual way to do it?
PJGM

That's easy - if you refresh info for any particular movie, (and ignore locally stored info if prompted) that movie will got to the top of the "date added" list. Big Grin
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add sort by date added on movies library mode?2