[MOCKUP] coal
Smile 

my first ever mockup of a skin.

i will try to design and program the whole skin.. i bet i need a lot of help Wink

but first i want to hear some feedback. Nod

i will update this entry if i made a new screen.
good start, i like.
Always nice to see new ideas being floated about Smile

I'd be tempted to try and incorporate the now playing info with the rss bar below a little. eg you could put it on the right of the bar with the textual info in the bar, and the thumb popping up out of the bar. That would get away from having the sharp edges on the coal background (and the empty space on that same background).

I like the idea of separate colours for each category as well - I presume that scheme will be carried throughout Smile

Great work!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

These updated screens incorporated every single suggestion I was going to make. Night and day difference; these look fantastic!
Series Overview:

Season Overview:

i think i will only do the views i use all the time in other skins...

and the context menu..
(yes, i borrowed heavily from alaska.. but that is my most favorite skin in the moment)
great
I don't think there's a way to desaturate an image like that in the skinning engine. Is there?

If that's true then you could get a somewhat similar with a semi-transparent black overlay. That'd reduce the saturation (not completely desaturate it by any means), but would also darken it likely more than you want to.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
i always intented to use a black overlay Wink
Edit: Never mind - already been said

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOCKUP] coal2