[aTV] questions from a newb (and yes I've searched!)
Long time XBMC user on xbox, first time user on aTV which I just purchased today.

I have a number of questions, most of which I've searched for the answers and haven't been able to find. I'm running aTV 2.4 with XBMC 9.04.1 R20677.

1. Is there a remote you can use that simulates the same functionality of the original xbox controller, but in a similarly small form factor like the Apple Remote?

2. Milkdrop visualisations, can you use them?

3. The standard Keymapping for the Apple Remote (as listed here http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Global_Apple_Remote) seems to be different to the functionality of my Apple Remote. For example, in full screen video mode, holding "menu" doesn't stop the video, it just dumps me back into the skin with the video still playing.

4. Output stereo to all speakers doesn't seem to work. Is this normal? I do have DTS/Dolby working, I've tested that, but it's when I play standard stereo mp3s/flac, I like them outputting to all speakers and it used to work on my xbox.

5. When exiting library mode (in both videos and music) by pressing "menu" (to go to previous menu) instead of dropping me back to the main skin menu on it takes me to the "Genres, title, year and actors" and then another menu, but still takes me to the library when clicking which library I'm going into from the main menu.

This only appears to occur in the Horizonz Volume 4 Aeon mod skin, but it doesn't do this on the xbox with the same skin (but a newer svn build of xbmc - could this be the problem?) I will test with a couple of other skins a bit later.

edit: this is because on the xbox controller, I use "B" to go up a directory (the parent folder) and then hit the "back" button on the left to go back to the main menu, however, Mediastream clearly works well with the Apple Remote in that from any of the main library views (so you're not in a nested folder) takes you back to the main menu.

I think that's all I've got for the time being. Thoroughly enjoying running xbmc on the aTV and can't wait for the awesome work davilla may or may not be working on to come to fruition Smile

Sorry if my questions have been answered before, perhaps my searching skills aren't as good as they used to be!

Cheers,

Jason.
Bump. Really looking for answers to questions 2 and 4 if anyone can help Smile
1. Pass, I doubt it how do you expect to get that many buttons on the size of a apple remote? I used a harmony for a while, but to be honest i prefer the apple remote on the atv once you get the had of it. It does everything.

2. Pass, dont use them.

4. Is only supported on the xbox irc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[aTV] questions from a newb (and yes I've searched!)0