TV Show RegEx without show as folder?
I just downloaded, installed, and started to use xbmc about four hours ago, and I have to say it's absolutely brilliant. So far I've managed to get it to do just about everything I want (and then some), and the other people I live with are definitely going to be thrilled when they wake up.

The only thing I haven't figured out how to do is get it to add TV shows that aren't in their own folders. Basically imagine I have a big folder that has no organization inside and instead has a bunch of single files with names like burn.notice.s03e03* (where * is random unimportant stuff afterwards). I understand that by default xmbc wants show names as folders, with the files for that show inside. I actually have lots of shows like that and it worked great for them, but I tend to download new episodes of shows into this unstructured folder (and structure it all later).

It doesn't seem to me that it should be difficult to be able to scan this folder for the shows and add them, but I don't know enough (and haven't spent enough hours researching yet) to do it myself. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi and Welcome to the forums. This is not possible as every single show needs a dedicated show folder in order to get picked up by the scanner.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
That's too bad, I was hoping it would be possible. If this truly isn't possible, I suppose I'll have to change how I organize my new downloads.

Thanks anyways, and I'm glad to be using this amazing program (finally!).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show RegEx without show as folder?0