Hide white top bar?
Love this skin, amazed at the speed and stability on the xbox, but had the same misgivings about the top-bar.

Thanks for the textures file, but I liked the DVD case image so had a go at editing the skin to remove the bar instead, there's a few simple changes you can make which have worked for me - they might have broken something else but looks good so far on my xbox.

Here's what I did:

1: Backed up all the xml files which I was going to edit

2: opened: includes_Backgrounds.xml and replaced MenuBarOffsetY with 0

3: opened: includes_Animations.xml and changed it after the line which says says:

<include name="MenuBarOpenCloseAnim">

I changed all the -43 and 43 values to -83 or 83 respectively.

4: open includes_Breadcrumbs.xml and delete everything except <includes> </includes>

I have no idea if that will break anything you use at the moment, it was all through trial and error but it worked for me using an xbox in 720p resolution, and I kept the DVD case I wanted.

The menu bar drops down from off-screen, the clock stays where it is and there's no bar along the top at all.
I have tried this to remove the top bar and i did not get it. The white bar is still there at the top, but the only thing it has is the clock and weather information.
After using the modified xpr I saw a faint remnant of the fonts across the top...
Just find the defaults.xml in the colors directory and change this line to read as follows:

<color name="BreadCrumbColor">00000000</color>

This should complete the hiding of the white top bar.
philter Wrote:The config menu bar hides itself behind the top bar, if I made it transparent when it moves up you will be able to see it behind the top bar.

ahh makes sense Smile thanks for the mod mate!
Another slick skin, we've been spoiled lately so thank you very much but gotta chime in and add I'm not a fan of the white bar either!, a transparent black bar is my vote.
It's a poor choice in an otherwise awesome skin, just too distracting. White just does not suit the warmth and simplicity of it's contrasting colors... It's too drastic in other words. Tongue
Alright, that's not necessary. He's made a skin that he likes and shared it with all of us free of charge. To call it a poor choice just isn't right. It's his choice. If you don't like it change it yourself. Everything needed to do it is provided in this thread. I for one am very appreciative of this very efficient skin. It's a breath of fresh air coming from a very unnecessarily heavy skin.
wannabegt4 Wrote:Alright, that's not necessary. He's made a skin that he likes and shared it with all of us free of charge. To call it a poor choice just isn't right. It's his choice. If you don't like it change it yourself. Everything needed to do it is provided in this thread. I for one am very appreciative of this very efficient skin. It's a breath of fresh air coming from a very unnecessarily heavy skin.

Totally agree. He made the skin to his own design and you're lucky enough that he shared it. No-one forced him to. We can ask for mods and changes but we certainly shouldn't diss his own design.
Settle down. You guys are so sensitive sometimes, take a deep breath and don't blow my statement out of the water. It's simply my opinion, did i say anywhere in my post that i don't respect the guy? did i say anywhere that i don't appreciate this skin? i just don't like that WHITE! which by the way is what the thread is all about... Obviously there's a few of us that share the same outlook.

You're always going to get criticism when you achieve, create, release & publish something... It comes with the territory. Don't put words down my throat and act as if I'm dissing the guys design... I love it! i use it by default now that the title bar is black. It's one white bar, i asked him to change it and he said he wouldn't, he said it was part of the design and i respected that... Doesn't mean i have to agree.

Now lets just leave it at that shall we. Sorry for any disrespect.
log.
wannabegt4 Wrote:After using the modified xpr I saw a faint remnant of the fonts across the top...
Just find the defaults.xml in the colors directory and change this line to read as follows:

<color name="BreadCrumbColor">00000000</color>

This should complete the hiding of the white top bar.

oops forgot to post the bit about font color, thx
I've only recently begun trying out this skin, but I really dig the white bar. I feel like this skin or something very much like it has the potential to eventually completely eliminate the homepage, which would be a very good thing.
I also like the white bar... It somehow makes things feel a little more organized (even though I already know where I am in the navigation)

Plus, scarfa has already said that he prefers the white and feels it's integral to his skin and won't be changing it. If someone really prefers it enough the other way, I'm sure they'll be a mod.
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
rausch101 Wrote:I also like the white bar... It somehow makes things feel a little more organized (even though I already know where I am in the navigation)

Plus, scarfa has already said that he prefers the white and feels it's integral to his skin and won't be changing it. If someone really prefers it enough the other way, I'm sure they'll be a mod.

Oh I'm not opposed to changing the gradient of the top bar to be slightly darker, in fact I've already done that, what was mentioned was to remove the top bar altogether which is out of the question. The top bar houses alot of useful stuff, especially for someone just getting acquainted with XBMC, like the breadcrumbs for example. Notifications that pop up also go there like when files are being scanned into the library, weather, or any other stuff I would like to add in the future. Simply hiding everything on the screen doesn't make an interface and makes it harder for new users. Although this skin tries very hard to satisfy fanart users by showing just enough without hiding useful information, it is not a purely fanart skin.
philter Wrote:Here is a texture pack that will turn the top bar black..it's there, but you won't see it:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D3LPURM2

The dvd case was also removed.

This mod still contains all the scan pop-ups, weather, time... Everything as far as i know (could be wrong) ... It's just black. It houses everything, just to the point where its not a distraction. Nod hehe

NOW... before anyone goes ahead and flames me... ALL im suggesting is that, maybe a black title bar, with just white text, displaying all the bread crumbs etc. ??

anyways, doesn't matter all that much. It's been black now for me for a while and I'm loving it!

thanks again for your awesomeness!

Peace out.
log
logggio Wrote:This mod still contains all the scan pop-ups, weather, time... Everything as far as i know (could be wrong) ... It's just black. It houses everything, just to the point where its not a distraction. Nod hehe

NOW... before anyone goes ahead and flames me... ALL im suggesting is that, maybe a black title bar, with just white text, displaying all the bread crumbs etc. ??

anyways, doesn't matter all that much. It's been black now for me for a while and I'm loving it!

thanks again for your awesomeness!

Peace out.
log

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Anyone is free to mod the appearance if it doesn't aesthetically suit their needs. I'm sure there is someone out there that would like me to change the top bar to yellow *barf*

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide white top bar?0