[ALL] Web server to allow changing of profiles...
1. I love XBMC
2. I love the web server interface, makes for the best remote control interface (IPhone/Android)
3. Need profiles so my wife doesn't have to skip through all my anime...

I'd love to be able to change profiles using the web interface, either directly (ie, send the user name and pass details to the server and have it switch) or indirectly (signout and then be able to navigate the profile screen using commands sent to the web server).

From experimentation, the websever is shutdown or otherwise disabled, when a user logs out. As I understand it, this would be to prevent any further commands from been sent to the interface while no "active" user exists or the ability to access information about the profile (such as movie lists etc) when the there is no valid user loged in.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement functionality that would determine the state of the current user (valid or otherwise) and send back information that is relvent to that that state, ie - no user logged in, send back a blank list of movies OR a error message stating that no user was logged in.

This might seem like a relativly silly idea, but with my recent issues with my minimac, apple remote and snow lepoard, the web interface has proven itself and far more effective remote solution then anything else I've been able to get to work Tongue

Just my thoughts.
Cheers
Shane
There's a builtin "LoadProfile(Name)" you can call with execbuitin or w/e httpapi command.
Eek

Excuse me while I pay homage at your feet...

Is this in the documentionHuh (I may well have over looked it in my rush through)??

Cheers
Shane

[update]
Okay, checked the wiki and the said method is not documented...

Better throw me some more crumbs. My profiles have pass codes, how do I send those as wellHuh Or will xbmc prompt me on screen??
Code:
{ "LoadProfile", true, "Load the specified profile (note; if locks are active it won't work)" },

That's all I really know about it. Doesn't sound like it'll really work in you case. Surely mapping a button to logout of xbmc would be sufficient? Then the profile could be chosen normally.

Of course the other alternative is to stop wasting your time with that anime crap. Wink
It's actaully all my wifes jane austin crap I can't stand Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALL] Web server to allow changing of profiles...0