How to update XBMC
Maybe a stupid question. But what's the best way to update XBMC to a newer version under windows. Just download the new one and install it? Is it automatically replacing the old version by the new one? And the settings remain the same?

Thanks for the help
have a look at XBMCUpdate, there is link in my signature.
Question 
Hi.
Which files should I backup, and in an update or reinstallation of XBMC, which preserve the settings and covers, fanarts, etc ...?
What folders should I copy?
Is there a plugin that does it (to copy including the covers, fanarts, etc..)?
Tks.
[els]
[els];409562 Wrote:Hi.
Which files should I backup, and in an update or reinstallation of XBMC, which preserve the settings and covers, fanarts, etc ...?
What folders should I copy?
Is there a plugin that does it (to copy including the covers, fanarts, etc..)?
Tks.
[els]

if you use XBMCUpdate if will automatically preserve your library and settings. give it a try.
kay.one Wrote:if you use XBMCUpdate if will automatically preserve your library and settings. give it a try.

When you update with a compiled .exe it doesn't erase these settings either.
Thanks Kay.one. Nice program I tried it on my test pc.

One more question. What updates are installed. Only stable releases or also nighly builds and pre releases?

On my working htpc I only want stable releases.
kay.one Wrote:if you use XBMCUpdate if will automatically preserve your library and settings. give it a try.
kay.one.
I know and use the XBMCUpdate.
But the question also refers the HD formatting, too.
In this case, how to preserve the settings, coverts, fanarts, thumbs, etc.?
Just copy the XBMC folder, the Application Data directory for the User, resolves the issue?
Congratulations kay.one by the application. Nod
[els
kay.one Wrote:have a look at XBMCUpdate, there is link in my signature.

can you also update the directx buildswith this program? or just thje opengl version?
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to update XBMC0