Music crashes on visualization, but can't find where to change visualization
Hi,
I just setup XBMC on mac mini and all worked really well.
Then I changed the audio visualization from the default "OpenGL spectrum" visualization to the iTunes one - which caused it to crash.

So every time I try and play music it crashes XBMC as soon as the music starts when it trys to run the itunes visualization. So I can't change it back from in the music section.

Then I tried to from confluence/settings/addons/enabled addons/visualization/*
-> but the options are greyed out for enabling/removing from here.

Is there any way to change the Music visualization setting so I can listen to music again?

Thanks, Far
Star 
Might try and edit the guisettings.xml file found in the \username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

<visualisation>visualization.waveform</visualisation>

but I'm not sure what this itunes visualization is... and it might have other links.
Thanks, that fixed it. Was on mac, found file in:
/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata

deleted the "visualizations.itunes" from between the visualisations tags and it set it to none selected when I ran XBMC and then let me change the setting back to one that doesn't crash. All good :-)
For future reference, the visualisation is set from System settings, Music, Playback.

JR
Blush ooops reckon I need glasses, don't know how I missed that
thanks!
(2011-09-28, 10:06)jhsrennie Wrote: For future reference, the visualisation is set from System settings, Music, Playback.

JR

Life saver cheers! PictureIt was crashing all my music
(2011-09-28, 10:06)jhsrennie Wrote: For future reference, the visualisation is set from System settings, Music, Playback.

JR

Actually, it's For future reference, the visualisation is set from System settings, Playback. Music.
rather than;
                     For future reference, the visualisation is set from System settings, Music, Playback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music crashes on visualization, but can't find where to change visualization0