Samsung Television with DLNA client and XBMC UPnP Media Server?
I've installed the XBMC on my mac and all seems well. I've also tried to set it up using dlna with my samsung tv. I can see it at my tv but when i try to open the video or music folder it says to request cannot be completed and does not show any files. Am i missing a step?
Is UPNP actually DLNA?

I would say no.
My Samsung TV seems to think so. It says it onscreen but it won't open the folders.
Same problem here: looks like there is no way to let the TV open any media. It just sees the server and shows Video and Music main folder, but when trying to open them, it shows the very same error message.
The samsung only accepts a very limited set of file types. We don't do any transcoding (and thus not really compatible with DLNA).

That said. there seem to be issues with sammy's and our upnp server. Not sure why it doesn't display any items.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Today I also tried to set XBMC on Mac and stream to my LG LED TV via DLNA. Same thing: finds the server, but cannot list the files. Tried another media server, and it worked. Is there any customization than can be done?
Hi,
I got my new Samsung C550 TV, which is DLNA enabled.
I can play movies from Windows Media, from free and commercial DLNA servers that run on Windows, but when I try to access XBMC media server I get the error "Request can not be processed, returning to home page" or something like that.
I use Dharma Beta 3, live installation on HD, TV and XBMC are on wired network, XBMC has samba installed. Movies in XBMC collection reside on another computer, Music in XBMC collection resides on local (to XBMC) HD, on ntfs partition.
XBMC itself plays everything without any problem.
Any ideas ?
dumalkin Wrote:Hi,
I got my new Samsung C550 TV, which is DLNA enabled.
I can play movies from Windows Media, from free and commercial DLNA servers that run on Windows, but when I try to access XBMC media server I get the error "Request can not be processed, returning to home page" or something like that.
I use Dharma Beta 3, live installation on HD, TV and XBMC are on wired network, XBMC has samba installed. Movies in XBMC collection reside on another computer, Music in XBMC collection resides on local (to XBMC) HD, on ntfs partition.
XBMC itself plays everything without any problem.
Any ideas ?

I'm having the exact same problem that you have... I still cannot find the issue...

I've checked the xbmc uPnP and works just great from other computers via Windows media player, but the TV does not seems to work.
thejohnny Wrote:I'm having the exact same problem that you have... I still cannot find the issue...

I've checked the xbmc uPnP and works just great from other computers via Windows media player, but the TV does not seems to work.

I tried with my C550 Samsung TV and XBMC is seen but only "Video Library" and "Music Library" is displayed, if i try to enter them an error occours (same as in the previous posts).

My Samsung Galaxy S instead is able to interact with XBMC DLNA implementation... somehow... not all works well:
* can't move the position in the stream
* no pictures slideshow: if you try to send many pictures to XBMC Render, XBMC crashes.

Finally XBMC DLNA implementation seems to be far away for full compliance... it's a pitty! I'll try the TV with some other DLNA server (for ex. MediaTomb) and let you know...
I just bought a Samsung LED TV series UE40C6510.

The UE40C6510 is perfectly connected to my home network where I also have a HTPC with XBMC Live Dharma 10.0

Movie Player TV's menu to see XBMC on your network, but when I try to access the video library, a connection error appears on the TV screen.

The XBMC development team can implement a patch to fix this problem?

Samsung is a leader in the sale of TV and it would be nice to unify these two systems.

Thank you very much.
DV
Hello, new to the forums here, but I have been perfecting my Samsung DLNA link to my Windows PC over the last year and finally have it tweaked to my liking so I figured I would chime in. My TV is a the LN52B750, includes DLNA and an onboard Ethernet port.

First, the DLNA client that I would recommend is Serviio. It is an open-source application and after trying several (Samsung's free version which blows, Tversity which is decent) I like the operation of Serviio the best. Since the TV acts as the interface the client application is transparent, so while everyone here are fans of XBMC - as am I as a player - it becomes irrelevant to the Samsung TV.

Serviio just added Transcoding a couple of months ago. MAN did this save me a ton of hassle. The Samsung TV is real picky on file formats, even allowable AVI files had to be in the perfect resolution and bitrate to properly play on the TV through Samsungs Media Stream Client and Serviio. So prior to Transcoding I was having to convert HD files to the appropriate resolution and file type that was compatible. This took many hours of processing to convert. Serviio Transcoding resolves this and I can run virtually any file type in any resolution/bitrate without issue. Also, 90% of the files will allow for FF and REW via the Samsung.

Personally, I do not use XBMC for a HTPC. With DLNA I am very happy, sure it is not as sexy of an interface but I am good with that.
tampamark Wrote:First, the DLNA client that I would recommend is Serviio.

Thanks.

So for years I have been using XBMC for my XBOX and streaming to my standard TV. I just got a new LED-LCD with all share and I wanna stream my videos to it. Its a Samsung and Samsung says to use Samsung PC share but it blows! It don't recognize half my files, takes up copious amounts of resources, and is finicky of other apps that connect to my network. They usually end up dropping PC Share.

I can get my TV to recognize XBMC but it tells me it has no media available.

Just to clarify I am not asking for support for my XBOX, this is for my windows machine. I no longer wish to use my XBOX cause of the lack in support for certain formats that are associated with most HD videos, however, aside from the whole 1080p and certain containers not working its still the best I have found personally and the cost cant be beat.
Samsungs UPnP/DLNA implementation is quite bad, it not working with other media servers is a well known problem. Samsung seem only to care about their own PC Share Manager app and nothing else.

You can use something like Mezzmo instead as the developers of it have custom profiles for TV manufacturers which can make things work better. It also has a video transcoder built so which should address the compatibility issues.
i use serviio with samsung c650 and xbmc on my old xp sp3 notebook to watch movies from serviio in my sleeping room Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung Television with DLNA client and XBMC UPnP Media Server?0