lots of memory problems with xbox
Hi

im using latest T3CH build for xbox 23183 (maybe 23157) in 720p mode

when i want to start any movie from the library xbox crashes (memory problem) i get blackscreen or waiting screen forever or first picture of the movie hanging (no sound)
when i start these movies from filemode anyhting is fine.
if i take another skin(basics-vision) everything is fine.

(i never used transparancy before)

((but i tried transparancy with rev 23095, there were same problems, plus i had to delete my old big library. with the old library/db the mainscreen were EXTREMLY slow (had to hit a button 20times till it worked, also rssfeed was stuttering really bad). just the mainscreen was stuttering everything else was normal <-- these problems aint with 23183 any more, dunno why, old library/db is "working better"))

now i tried 23183 with new (almost empty, SMALL)database, most of the time everything works,
sometimes playing movies from library crashes xbox
osd script often crashes xbox
(all memory issues)
no matter if i use the xbox version of the script or the normal version.

it seems that using "pixel shader v2" crashes xbox slightly more often than normal "shader"

also if xbox crashes i often get an endless please waiting screen next reboot
another reboot wont help, i have to delete userdata and setup anything again
i never had this problem with any other skin.

i can post logs, any problem was memory underrun
(except the endless waiting screen after booting)

nice greetings
here is a log of a endless please wait screen at a reboot, after a crash
i dont really know when and why this happens

if u also want to have logs of the memory underuns that cause the crashes just tell me and ill post some of them too

(i have to cut out the beginning of the log)

MOD EDIT: please don't post full debug logs here, use pastebin instead.
Your problem with crashes when in library mode could be to do with media flagging. Are you using the patched version of xbmc? If so you have to go into settings and change your resolution to the lowest one on there and then go to your movies in library mode and list by year. Click on each individual year and wait for the correct media flags to appear for each of the movies. Once you've done this with all your movies you can change it back to whatever resolution you prefer and all should be well. If you have a particularly large list of movies in a certain year you may have to search by director or studio - I've found xbox doesn't seem to cope well with lists of over about 15files.
I've started to get this problem also. I have around 700 movies on my NAS drive, the XBOX has worked flawlessly for me, i scrape all my movies on the NAS via PC with media companion before i update my library on the XBOX, to save time and speed the whole process up... Until recently it's started hanging exactly like you describe. I figured it's due to memory overload, but who knows?
its definitly a memory issue

19:17:50 M: 6475776 INFO: Starting async renderer thread
19:17:50 M: 6475776 DEBUG: msg: *** [vo] Allocating (slices) mp_image_t, 576x240x12bpp YUV planar, 207360 bytes
19:17:50 M: 6475776 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (VideoFullScreen.xml) ------
19:17:50 M: 6463488 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
19:17:50 M: 6791168 INFO: Loading skin file: VideoFullScreen.xml
19:17:50 M: 6791168 DEBUG: Load VideoFullScreen.xml: 35.69ms
19:17:50 M: 6791168 DEBUG: Alloc resources: 36.32ms (36.32 ms skin load, 0.00 ms preload)
19:17:50 M: 6791168 INFO: Loading skin file: VideoOSD.xml
19:17:50 M: 6778880 DEBUG: Load VideoOSD.xml: 169.33ms
19:17:50 M: 28672 ERROR: Out of memory loading texture: player-previous-nofocus.png (need 65664 bytes, have 28672 bytes)
19:17:50 M: 28672 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load bundled file: player-previous-nofocus.png

only in library mode of transparancy
file mode in transparency work
file and library mode of other skins (pm3hd,vision,basics-vision) work

it dont know if it could be cause of my movie library size, i have very very much movies and complete TV Shows, the video34.db is about 12megs.
doesnt sound very big, i dunno if it has to be loaded completly in the ram ? and i think its compressed too. the 64megs of xbox isnt really much...

maybe it has another reason, perhaps are the current builds just too unstable for some new functions transparency is using, cause my other skins are all for babylon.

tried aeon today, not very much was working

btw im not stupid the problems aint my fault either...

i also want to mention i had to disable the recently added script too, it crashes the xbox at startup often (unlimted please wait) and then userdata has to be deleted to get it to work again

everyone have a nice day
I was having the problem last night with the xbox hanging when I'd play a movie, but I was playing it from File mode.

Anyone know what's going on with this yet?
I have had the same thing happen to me, movies will not load in library mode but will in non-library mode. This happens with PP3HD also. Any ideals on what to change, thanks!
Make sure you have recent movies/tv/albums turned off on the home screen. It would be found in the skin settings under home I belive. When I had it turned on it would make my xbox lag like crazy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
lots of memory problems with xbox0