touchscreen mods
Edit : now updated for Rapier V2.0

Not sure if this will be of use for others running XBMC with a touch panel display without a connected keyboard or mouse. So far i have found that the following config is more than enough to get me by for a music centric living-room jukebox

Skin/XBMC settings
- disable full screen visualizations while in music view.
- skin settings : enable navigation buttons for mouse navigation

OS - driver level settings
- configure screen/touch pointer to "click on release", in order to side step the single click select functionality of XBMC .

I also made a few small changes to the includes.xml file, in order to display play/pause/forward/reverse/mute buttons in the SystemTray area.

Seen here : Image

Grab the updated includes.xml file (based off of 2.0.0) here

Thanks again for providing this great skin!
Nice mod. Cool

Heres what I can do for you. I'll put in an option in skin settings; instead of showing the time It will show: back button, context menu button, and the player controls button when playing media (m on keyboard)

I'll also make the breadcrumb levels clickable.
ah, good news . thanks!
Hi,,

Do you think it is possible to show the info overlay when watching a movie in a secondary screen (ie touch screen of HTPC case). This way my touch screen can show continuously the time line, media info and thumb.

Many thanks,
P.
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
I'm new to XBMC, but purchased a touch screen for controlling the media pc. While the screen does have the option for a right click overlay button, it gets a little annoying clicking that constantly so this has me interested. I guess now all that I need to do is figure out how to use the xml file with this...
thanks exactly what I was looking for Smile
scarfa Wrote:Nice mod. Cool

Heres what I can do for you. I'll put in an option in skin settings; instead of showing the time It will show: back button, context menu button, and the player controls button when playing media (m on keyboard)

If possible keep the time with the rest of the buttons.
Is this currently functional, or something still in progress? The only include file I could find was in the 720p folder and when using this one instead most of the icons and functions disappear.
veekay Wrote:Is this currently functional, or something still in progress? The only include file I could find was in the 720p folder and when using this one instead most of the icons and functions disappear.

hey, i have updated includes.xml for release 2.0.0. Follow the link in the first post
scarfa Wrote:I'll put in an option in skin settings; instead of showing the time It will show: back button, context menu button, and the player controls button when playing media (m on keyboard)

Thanks for adding this functionality in the 2.0 release. I have modified the SystemTray to include an icon that emulates the 'm' key. Problem being, when the overlay appears on the screen, there is no way to close this from the touch screen. Since player controls display, disables all other controls on the screen.

Does anyone know, if a method exists, to enable all existing controls on the screen (eg the SystemTray buttons) , when presented with the player controls display? I could also add a "PreviousMenu" button to the player controls window...
jw76 Wrote:Thanks for adding this functionality in the 2.0 release. I have modified the SystemTray to include an icon that emulates the 'm' key. Problem being, when the overlay appears on the screen, there is no way to close this from the touch screen. Since player controls display, disables all other controls on the screen.

Does anyone know, if a method exists, to enable all existing controls on the screen (eg the SystemTray buttons) , when presented with the player controls display? I could also add a "PreviousMenu" button to the player controls window...

Go into PlayerControls.xml and add a button that is positioned near the system tray area so it overlaps the "m" key with an <onclick>Dialog.Close(PlayerControls)</onclick>

You may also make it so when the PlayerControls dialog appears, the buttons on the system tray (play,stop,fastforward,etc) dissapear by including <visible>!Window.IsActive(PlayerControls)</visible> for each button.

Hope that helps.
Would it be possible to add up/down arrows in the media browsing section? Like when in the Music Library and it has the scroll bar on the right, but you can only slide the bar or click a position. A page up/down button would also do perfect.

Adding the arrows to the first screen has finally let me use this skin with touch, so thank you!
scarfa Wrote:Go into PlayerControls.xml and add a button that is positioned near the system tray area so it overlaps the "m" key with an <onclick>Dialog.Close(PlayerControls)</onclick>

Thanks will take a look.

veekay Wrote:Would it be possible to add up/down arrows in the media browsing section?

I had actually planned on adding this for my own use as well ;-) I will update the thread once available.

jw
I would like to make a few requests that I think would make touch screen navigation a bit easier. If these can be implemented it would make XBMC and this skin the ultimate touchscreen kiosk (IMO)

Would it possible to add a button either on the "top bar," or have a custom system tray with the button included (or wherever plausible) that would invoke a toggle for the "context menu" command?

(i.e. press the "context menu" button then make your selection)

This would be nice to have if your touchscreen doesn't have a driver that supports "tap and hold" or "right click"

Also, when you are in the "context menu" can a "back" or "close" button be added to get you out of the menu?

Now this next request is more of a personal one...I don't particularly like how the "root directory" icon sits next to your media files when you opt to have it show up. Now this is totally necessary to have when using a touchscreen to go one level up in navigation....Can this root directory button be put somewhere else in a more subtle area? Perhaps a custom system tray as mentioned above?

Finally....I'm a former Xlobby user which is a HTPC software similar to XBMC. Most of their skins are designed for touchscreen/kiosk usage. I was wondering if a VIEW can be made for the music, video, TV show categories that would have a "Play" "Queue", and "Playlist" button next to each track/file like in this picture:

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?q...fm&thumb=4

Also, In the playlist can a VIEW be made with a "Up" "Down" and "Delete" button next to each track/file like in this picture:

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?q...no&thumb=4

Thanks in advance
Do you guys still have this mod aeon mq8 always had it where the play, stop, pause etc buttons would show on the homescreen when you hit back and let the videos play in the background

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
touchscreen mods1