Keep banners and posters for different view types
Hey,
I've looked around without much luck. But I've been going between Rapier and Transparency 2.0 skins lately and wanted to know if there's a way for some views to display a TV Show poster and in other views to show a banner without having to go to "get thumb" every time I want to change??

Any info is appreciated.

I'm on a Mac OSX 10.5.7, XBMC compiled on the 24th of August.

Cheers
gugahoi Wrote:Hey,
I've looked around without much luck. But I've been going between Rapier and Transparency 2.0 skins lately and wanted to know if there's a way for some views to display a TV Show poster and in other views to show a banner without having to go to "get thumb" every time I want to change??

Any info is appreciated.

I'm on a Mac OSX 10.5.7, XBMC compiled on the 24th of August.

Cheers

There's no solution to this really....
Some skins have been designed to user DVD cover (portrait) style artwork whilst others are designed to use banners, and SOME (not many) are using Landscape artwork.
When you choose your thumbs for the artwork they are saved and everything is fine....
BUT, if you change skin, then the thumbs you have might not be appropriate for that skin....

It's a well known issue.... brought about partly by the skinners being innovative and letting users have many types of thumbs, but also by XBMC assuming only one thumb fits all within a single skin, AND across multiple skins.

Lots of users have contributed thoughts on how to resolve this, but the coders only have so much time on their hands.... and it's low priority... so basically, the rule is...

1) Choose your desired skin well
2) Grab the artwork
3) Stop changing skins ;-)
FWIW Alaska seems to deal with the thumbs perfectly. Download the portrait ones from tvdatabase and call them 'folder.jog' and stick them in the first level of each tv show folder. And TVDB should sort out the rest.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keep banners and posters for different view types0