Req Facebook/Twitter latest friend updates
Would it be possible to add a widget to homescreen (like simple RSS feed) with latest facebook status updates from facebook and/or twitter?
Just a simple, clean future and neat to have.
sorry, we won't add social media stuff bound to accounts in XBMC core, but there are addons available to fill this gap - maybe one of these addons already has a "friend stream" view/parser/widget
ok, thank you for your answer...only asked because i searched and didn't find anything like it.
Haha, oh Ned...
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Despite my feelings toward social media, I actually did search a little bit about that for hfmls :)

There was a time when Facebook actually did have RSS feeds that used a login token url thingy that would allow you to use an RSS reader to see friends post, activity, etc. Seems they only do it now for direct notifications, and even that only sometimes works. Twitter doesn't offer anything RSS. So for both, any add-on would need to use their official APIs.

I know there's a "Facebook Media" add-on, but I don't believe that will give full access to the facebook newsfeed, just pictures and videos posted.
yeah, only pics and videos posted, i just wanted latest comments, that's all.

well, thank you for your answer. cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Facebook/Twitter latest friend updates0