• 6(current)
Chokey's Project Mayhem Discussion
darkie released a v2?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yes, sometime ago... (06.09.2004)

i especially like it that you can set the default size.

if you want just click here
darkie didnt do that one...

and i dindt skin the v2 - i dont like that there are no focus textures for the posters - its very hard to see which one is focused - also i dont like the default size setting and the size selection screen is fu**ed

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i used this one with your background. it worked perfect for me and i don't have to choose the size (small, medium, large) for the rest it looked exactly the same. so i prefer this one over the original...

and you're correct it's a updated version of darkie's original aqtbrowser v1 but because they called it aqtbrowser v2 that's why i thought it was a new one. Blush
yea mouton made that i think - darkie never touched it again

i did the aqt browser v2 thats on the download page. im one of the few widescreen tv users, so i keep updating the python scripts to be resolution aware. the default size thing came from one of moutons previous updates.

personally, i dont like the one that downloads the covers so i never fixed it to be resolution aware. you cant tell what cover is highlighted, and it takes too long to download them.
oh sweet - gotta check that out!

hmmm...
the file on warriorsan's link is exactly the same as the aqtbrowser 1

(chokemaniac @ oct. 11 2004,21:05 Wrote:oh sweet - gotta check that out!

hmmm...
the file on warriorsan's link is exactly the same as the aqtbrowser 1
sorry chokey,

but that's incorrect. the file on my link is aqtbrowser 2 and the differents between aqtbrowser 1 and 2 is, that aqtbrowser 2 has this 2 new options:

default size mod by mouton
made resolution aware by kraqh3d

so it's not the same...
ah whoops - i thought its the same due to the same filesize in flashfxp...

replaced my 2 versions in the skin with the update Wink

choke, i'm almost done with my new mxm skin, just curious if you have any input/creative criticism?

(chokemaniac @ oct. 12 2004,06:51 Wrote:ah whoops - i thought its the same due to the same filesize in flashfxp...

replaced my 2 versions in the skin with the update Wink
doesn't matter
@ supadawg

what are you possibilities on skinning mxm?

can you change fonts/fontsizes/fontcolor?
can move things around as you want?

i'd suggest to use dark windows with bright fonts - and make the info fonts smaller - things almost go ver the edges on the boarders - you should make the panels bigger

whats needed for a mxm skin anyways? if its just one bg texture i might aswell make one for you

well usually its a mish-mash of textures, but for the sake of this skin i tried something different than my last and used one big one.... didnt turn out so well... couldnt find a transparent version of the new mxm logo.

if you want to make one big texture that would be great... send it my way and i'll map and code the xml.

fonts in mxm are pretty restrictive however... we can play with colors but thats pretty much it.

you can move things around pretty freely. every line of text on there is tied to a trigger... such as current songname, temp and each drive size. i could have used your ux skin and just changed the xml file, but figured it would be a good idea to make it look different... since none of your other skins are laid out anything alike.
i think ill give that one a shot myself - i browsed the skins on axs and i figured its pretty customizable

Thumbs Up 
hey chokey!

keep coming across these errors when i go to and from home to videos or music

16-10-2004 08:10:26 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem\media\overlay-play.gif
16-10-2004 08:10:26 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem\media\overlay-pause.gif
16-10-2004 08:10:26 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem\media\overlay-ff.gif
16-10-2004 08:10:26 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem\media\overlay-rw.gif
16-10-2004 08:10:26 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem\media\sslider_nibfo.png
16-10-2004 08:10:27 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem\media\home2.gif

i have checked the latest skin from the critikil site and these .png and .gifs are not in the ..\media folder.

there is a reference to these in the ..\pal\.xml files and the textures.xpr file

i am using 10/5/04 xbmc and as above the latest skin from the critikil site.

the funny thing is i don't have a problem with the project mayhem skin. all looks good and functions correctly (aqt doesn't load the trailers every time, but i believe it is most likely apple.com)

is it a simple as cleaning up these entries out of the xml or does textures.xpr have to be edited?

i only ask for the sake of reducing the number error log entries appearing in xbmc.log

also noticed it also logs that ..\pal\font.xml doesn't have the default font set. copied an pasted font18 + tags changed name to default and all seems ok.

my only question is was the default font not specified for a reason eg. as a fix to another problem?

thanks for the great work and i look forward to your reply!

if you need to do any beta testing in the future let me know.

ps i am investigating having the ram feature as a timed splash page at start up prior to going to the home page (configurable in settings). its been a couple of years since i have been near xml so i will let you know how i go.

cheers

cxh

pal xbox v1.6 (clear le)
duox-2 mod
evox bios
samsung dvd
oem hdd
xbmc default.xbe running in c:\ as evoxdash.xbe
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chokey's Project Mayhem Discussion0