• 7(current)
Chokey's Project Mayhem Discussion
argh - i tought i ironed this out ages ago - thanks for pointing this out - i will have a look at it right now

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hmmm - i tested everything and i couldnt find any of these errors - maybe you have an old set of pngs and tried to build the textures.xpr yourself? there were textures in the cvs, causing an error while building textures xpr - but was fixed about a week ago...

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

choke, mxm skins are very similar to unleashx, maybe you wouldnt mind porting your ux one during your free time (which i know your running short of) so its done properly.
figured the font problem and fixed it

(thx jmarshall)

i figured this to be a skin problem, if i'm wrong i'm sorry.

files with multiple audio tracks (say four) will draw outside of the box in the osd. subtitles work fine though.

latest cvs (6. oct)
i was thinking of just downing that wabid, but tried to design my own...we'll see what choke ends up with now. Smile

you da man choke. Smile
@ spiff - thanks for pointing that out! - fixed Wink

Information 
hi chokemaniac,

i have been using your skin with xbmc since god knows when and first of all i have to say :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: ..
you r da man (or woman?) ... heheh

anyways, my friend and i have some feedback and suggestions which i hope you can consider to take up?

1. would you consider changing the sony cybershot camera in the my pictures screen to something newer (e.g. canon g5)... we think it is a bit dated? or else something which symbolizes my pictures like what the headphones do for my music (which will never be dated)?
2. i have tried your r.a.m and the rectangular shaped dvd cover icons look superb! is it possible to implement that for my videos icons as well?
3. have you seen how the windows xp media center edition 2005 works? the gui (stills) dun look as good as project mayhem's skins heheh, but the transitions when you select various things really look cool! will xbmc skinning one day be able to support that?

thanks and keep up the great work!
Quote:1. would you consider changing the sony cybershot camera in the my pictures screen to something newer (e.g. canon g5)... we think it is a bit dated? or else something which symbolizes my pictures like what the headphones do for my music (which will never be dated)?

hmm - i dont get it. why does a cam date out, while a headphone doesnt? i choose that cam cause it looks good - not because its the best available cam... not sure if i like the canon g5 design... - what do you think would "symbolize" my pictures? some holiday photos? memory sticks? - i thought a cam is a pretty decent icon for my pictures - but im always open for good new ideas - inspire me Smile

Quote:2. i have tried your r.a.m and the rectangular shaped dvd cover icons look superb! is it possible to implement that for my videos icons as well?

how do you get the thumbs for my videos? do you download your own thumbs and add them manually? imdb thumbs differ in width.. since some people might use screenshots as thumbs and default icons are square... adding dvd textures would force the user to use covers. not sure if this is a good idea. its pretty easy thou to add this yourself. just have a look at references.xml and myvideos.xml

Quote:3. have you seen how the windows xp media center edition 2005 works? the gui (stills) dun look as good as project mayhem's skins heheh, but the transitions when you select various things really look cool! will xbmc skinning one day be able to support that?

yes i have the media center installed - but the only thing i like about it is the slideshow and the gui transitions. i'd love to have this kind of transitions in xbmc - but you gotta keep in mind: the xbox has only 64 mb ram to offer. after many tweaks we have 40mb maximum free memory in a very simple screen. more pics and animations choke the mem down a lot (project mayhem home screen about 20-25 mb mem free) then depending on your chache size settings, the video chache eats up to 12 mb more... --> 8-13 mb free. use subtitles and you need even more mem... some subs take up to 4mb --> we end up with 4-9 mb free mem to run everything - not much huh? i think media caenter pcs have at least 256mb to work with but i doubt its smooth with 256 - i guess you need at least 512 mb ram to enjoy mce - now thats 8 times more Smile - it might be possible to add some small transitions - but i highly doubt that we ever be able use as much transition effects as the windows mce - imo thats only possible with a non skinnable gui

we will (hopefully) add some smaller transitions to xbmc thou..

hi chokemaniac,

thanks for the quick reply :nuts:

1. yeah maybe for my pictures a camera may still be the best.. if i come across some nice designs/ models (whatever the brand), i will try and inspire you heheh....

2. imdb files differ in widthsHuh ok, then maybe it may not be such a good idea to change it after all. will try to read up and understand how to do it though...

3. ok having more free memory is definitely critical
:oops: ... but i would be looking forward to the small transitions as well if possible ....

thanks again!! :thumbsup:
thanx for your great work !!
i have been following the discussion ... and thought i would jump in for a couple of points ...
might be an idea to allow transitions if more than 64mb ram is detected, for those who upgrade their ram, or maybe to run them only if a movie isnt playing (ie stop transition if u are in a movie and come back to the menu for tweaking) .. just an idea

also i just seen gwlip said he manaqged to use your ram .. how .. sniff ..been looking, obviously not hard enough, a while back and couldnt figure out how to call the feature up .. any pointers/examples would be greatly appreciated.

thanx again for the good work, i really like the new cheerful skin also ... nice on a rainy day
just edit dialogsubmenu.xml and set the ram button (above the movie trailers button) to visible-> yes

to add things that only work with more ram, we would need xboxes with more ram to test that

donations are welcome :d

hi chokey,

under my music, for the artist/album views, having say big icons or normal icons to show off the album art is cool. the only problem is as soon as you click on an album and you enter the folder with the songs, it has the same view as the parent folder. seeing 11 or 12 icons of the same album art (the songs) doesn't look as good. ideally it would be better to default to a listview here, but still keep the icon view for the album/artist. is this possible?

on the ram screen, there is no way to say highlight over the dvd covers, just the text title below. does this mean there is no dvd cover focus on/off image in the texture.xpr (i'd like to play around with using this cover under my videos, i'm won't use imdb.

also... trying to inspire you to change the camera in the my pictures view ... what about sony cybershot pro dsc-f828?
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin....cameras

thanks!!! :o
having a way that xbmc remember our view settings per folder a bit like what windows explorer would be really cool .. i already suggested as much but never got a reply so i guess maybe it would slow things down too much ?

thanx for the pointer, will play with it tonight and might even look at the cpp since i wasnt really happy with the way ram was matching title to covers
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chokey's Project Mayhem Discussion0