• 1(current)
Chokey's Project Mayhem Discussion
since my forum died and i dont have time at the moment to come up with a new one, i just moved this to where it belongs now.

welcome to the new project mayhem forum - you're very welcome to ask all skin related questions about all the skins on my site. here.

help to make things better :o

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

so to start the discussion... i was wondering if xbmc skin updates on my site are still needed, since its comming with xbmc now anyways...

please let me know what u think about this.

do you still get xbmc skin updates off my site? and if so, what is the reason for not using the one from the cvs?

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

the only reason i would envisage that you would need to keep a copy on your site is the numerous people who get builds from the usual places and for whatever reason have incomplete or out of date skins.

having an up to date skin on your site would be alot more efficent than expecting people to all install somthing like wincvs or similar (downloading so many xml's and the textures.png would be quite tiresome.

i personally compile my own so its not an issue for me, but i do think the need for an rar'ed/ zipped copy of the latest version is handy for those that don't compile their own

the number of incompatible/out of date skin posts there have been recently is unbeievable even with jaydee/dday's sticky topic at the top of the x-s board explaining the situation :bomb:

keep up the good work on the skin Smile
having the skin on your site is a good idea "just in case"

although i have another ?
on your screenshot page, i see that your game icons look like the case for them would, did you make those yourself or is there somewhere i can find something similar to them, or should i just do a google search for replacement icons?
most of them can be found here:

http://www.digitalpropulsion.org/?nav=xboxicons

this site used to have a photoshop template so that you can make your own but i dont see link for it anymore.
i dont use this site anymore i just make my own using the template.
thanks alot!
the link for my template is right on top of the site

here you have the direct link http://www.digitalpropulsion.org/_cover_blank.psd

chokey are you sure than only one thread is enough for all of your work ?
its important to keep the changelog of your skin inside the main page but the link for download the last skin will pertube some personne who don't want to read your warning message about the last necessary cvs needed
xbmc.fr

i dont have enough time anymore to moderate a full forum

i dont really understand what you mean with your issue
the updates page is for the changelog - to download you must go to the downloadsection, where the warning is placed in bold letters...

hello chokemaniac,

first i didn't use the skin in the cvs release because i like the skin with the sub panel more but since you change that again to v2 (and it looks now even better!Wink and both the cvs release as on your site are the same skins. it isn't really necensary...

but i also agree what nimbles said.

Quote:chokey are you sure than only one thread is enough for all of your work ?

i also think that one thread don't gonna be enought
Star 
hi !

the skin is really fantastic, but i´d like to change the background picture.

i used old versions of xbmc & skin, where i could replace the default background image with an additional file "background.png".

this doesn´t work in the new versions of xbmc and the pm skin.

can someone help me and tell me how to replace the background image ? and by the way, no i don´t have xbmctex or any tools the extract the textures.xpr.

thanx & great work !

axelay
the background should still be replaceable we didnt change anything

Smile 
adding a "background.png" doens´t work anymore... looks like there is a change in the xbmc code..
@Chokemaniac and pyranha,

that new project mayhem webserver for xbmc rocks!
it sure does, here's a sshot of 1st version:

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chokey's Project Mayhem Discussion0