Streaming to Classic Xbox help please
Well basically it used to work absolutely fine until I re-installed windows, since then I have been able to browse and play music on xbox from the normal windows network sharing and am able to browse my videos but unable to play them, the only difference between the installations of windows is this time around I have ESET Smart Security installed however I have tried disabling its firewall and that made no difference.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I am tired and couldn't be bothered scanning page after page, call me lazy I don't care, as I am really.

Anyway, any helps is greatly appreciated and I hope to wake to an answer.

Thanks

PC - Windows XP x64
Xbox - V1.6b - Xecuter 3 Hardmod
have you enabled file sharing and shared the drive?
Yes, as I said the sharing seems to work ok with audio files and i can browse through my shared video folder from the xbox but when I try to play them nothing happens.
LostRoss Wrote:Yes, as I said the sharing seems to work ok with audio files and i can browse through my shared video folder from the xbox but when I try to play them nothing happens.

Is it saying something like "share not found"...my guess is XBMC is working from the database and when it goes to play a file maybe the drive letters changed when you reinstalled.

Can you set up a new source?
Its definitely not a network path problem as all the videos show up in the list, they just won't play, I don't get any errors it just doesn't do anything when I select a video.
I just re-read your post mcborzu and it might be the case as I did put in a secondary hard drive where the videos I am try to play are now stored (but so is the music that does play)

I tried giving my PC a different network name and edited sources accordingly to try correct the problem but it didn't make a difference.
A Full debug log will help...
-stoli-
LostRoss Wrote:Its definitely not a network path problem as all the videos show up in the list, they just won't play, I don't get any errors it just doesn't do anything when I select a video.

False assumption

If you're in library mode, you're seeing a local database... with all your movie LIST and artwork, which then link to the real media file when you press play.

So... chances are, it THINK's the read media file in on some network drive, or SMB (\\mymovieshare) and you've got the drive name, or share name wrong on the new setup.
Well I just tried downloading and installing newer version figuring that starting fresh would fix it, it didn't, so I've got to assume that the problem is on my PC's side (don't think its a database problem as it would update when videos were added/removed from video folder)

So anyone got any idea why my pc would let it stream audio file but not video?
Now I'm even more confused, now about one in ten videos will play, for a moment I thought that it had something to do with indexing being turned off (to try and speed up PC a little) but I enabled it for the other videos and they still don't work. It does seem to be more willing to play files which also exist on xbox hard drive but don't know if it is in fact playing them from the PC or from its own hard drive.
Here is the Debug log, sorry it took so long to post but I'm lazy as previously stated, hell I've been using my 360 to stream things and manually transferring things that wouldn't play on that to my original xbox for the past few months just because I couldn't be bothered signing up for a forum like this, which reminds me, I am currently using TVersity to stream to xbox 360, thought I would mention this in case there is some kind of incompatibility issue with it (although have tried stopping its media server and that didn't make a difference). Anyway here it is - http://pastebin.com/m39caba54
my uPnP windows media share on Vista is doing the same thing that yours was doing initially. I am running the newest version. Is this a SMB share or a uPnP share?

That link is not valid.
Mine is a SMB share.

Didn't realize that the link isn't valid (not used a paste site before), when I click it it works and I have cleared my history to make sure its not just being accessed from there, how am I supposed to link to it?
I think I may have solved your problem. Vista requires you to set up a user and account for each user, even network users. When you share the folder, share to user "ANONYMOUS LOGON" without the quotes. It should work. Otherwise, create an account on your computer named XBOX. I've standardized all accounts/logons and passwords on my xbox to U: XBOX P: XBOX. I created an account on all my machines called XBOX with a password XBOX.

Use the method above to get SMB file sharing working for windows Vista on a workgroup.

The only thing I can't access now is uPnP shares of windows media player, they just come up blank with no data on both XBMC and Windows Media Player. They're just not talking uPnP, however they recognize that they are both existant and they have options for "artist" and "all video" and the such... Just no files.

I want to figure out how to get the uPnP working properly.
Umm, I'm running Windows XP x64 and didn't require to do that before, and if I can I would like to not have to create passwords for my accounts so it will load up easier.

Also can anyone else confirm that link isn't valid (still works for me) and if so could they tell me how to obtain the correct url to link to for pastebin? I posted the log on the site and copied the url for the page it led me to that contained the log, was that incorrect?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming to Classic Xbox help please0