Best nVidia Geforce for 1080p24
Hi,

What are your experiences with different nVidia drivers? They are a ton, and most of them have different performance issues.

On one of my notebooks I am using Geforce 185.2 (9300M GS) which heats up my GPU, but gives perfect results with 1080@24 without dropping frames. However it is controllable since it has hybrid graphics and I càn switch to stamina mode (Intel GPU)

However, my other notebook I am using Geforce 182.6 (8400M GT) which drops frames occasionally..

I am thinking of switching the driver from 182.6 to 185.2.. But dont want the heat issues which I cant control..

So, what do you guys use..? and which driver gives the best result with 24 fps..?
XBMC doesn't use hardware assisted decoding for rendering video (DVXA or similar) for the regular builds. (Please someone with more experience confirm this)

So it's more of a question of what CPU/Ram combination will get you the performance you need.

Now, a good graphics card is needed to render the program menus and stuff though.

Have you tried to use XBMC without the hybrid graphics enabled?

And what are the rest of the specs of the systems. You should probably review the stickied threads in this forum on how to properly post questions/problems.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Yes, I know that.. And the only way to get GPU Full decoding is with Linux VDPAU.. Which is not available on Windows..

However, my question was toward nVidia drivers, which are responsible of transferring video to my 1080@24 capable screen..

Some of these drivers are efficient with games, some are excellent with video, some BSOD with HDMI, and some flicker with 24 fps..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best nVidia Geforce for 1080p240