• 3(current)
USB drive not appearing
Same problem here, don't when it stopped auto mounting, but it doesn't work now on svn22xxx, svn22528 to svn23842 (all jaunty) it is the same problem.
Usb drives are not auto mounting.

It doesn't necessary have to be xbmc fault, coz, for example, I messed around with optimizing boot performance via sysv-rc-conf, turning off some services.

Now, the bad thing is that I don't know which off these services maybe responsible for automounting...

I'll try to investigate this, for me, it is a big problem not being able to automount...
topfs2 when do you think a new final version will come?

thanks
Djape Wrote:Same problem here, don't when it stopped auto mounting, but it doesn't work now on svn22xxx, svn22528 to svn23842 (all jaunty) it is the same problem.
Usb drives are not auto mounting.

It doesn't necessary have to be xbmc fault, coz, for example, I messed around with optimizing boot performance via sysv-rc-conf, turning off some services.

Now, the bad thing is that I don't know which off these services maybe responsible for automounting...

I'll try to investigate this, for me, it is a big problem not being able to automount...

The service responsible for mounting is HAL along with DBus, so none of them may be turned off.

But please provide the neccessary debuinfo (at the very least Debug Log) and be sure to be on the very latest version.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2

Just came back to report that I have solved the problem!

Once that I added --standalone in the xbmc start up, automount works.

I hope this helps other folks to.

Cheers...
Djape Wrote:topfs2

Just came back to report that I have solved the problem!

Once that I added --standalone in the xbmc start up, automount works.

I hope this helps other folks to.

Cheers...

can you tell me how you solved it?
Running todays SVN, i connected my USB disk as is shown below.

Quote:13:50:40 T:3041851280 M:1448087552 DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_59f_1010_Hitachi_HD______STF605MS0B9VAK_if0_scsi_host_0) Added
13:50:40 T:3041851280 M:1448087552 DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_59f_1010_Hitachi_HD______STF605MS0B9VAK_if0_scsi_host_0_scsi_device_lun0) Added
13:50:40 T:3041851280 M:1448087552 DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_59f_1010_Hitachi_HD______STF605MS0B9VAK_if0_scsi_host_0_scsi_device_lun0_scsi_generic) Added
13:50:40 T:3041851280 M:1448087552 DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/storage_serial_Hitachi_HDT721010SLA360_Hitachi_HD_STF605MS0B9VAK_0_0) Added
13:50:40 T:3041851280 M:1448087552 DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_76D0F67BD0F640C3) Added
13:50:40 T:3041851280 M:1448087552 DEBUG: HAL: Added - disk | UUID 76D0F67BD0F640C3 | FileSystem ntfs-3g | HotPlugged YES | Type 1 |Approved YES

But how do i access it? I can't find it through the filemanager. I only see Home Folder / Profile Data / Profile Directory in the filemanager. And i can't (or obviously don't know how) to add it as a source.
_never_ truncate logs.

Also make sure you have started with --standalone

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Chugo Wrote:can you tell me how you solved it?

I just did Smile

Start xbmc with --standalone

I start my own like this:

/usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone &

Good luck Wink
Sorry topfs2. Here is the full log http://pastebin.com/m61a76414

I do not know how to use --standalone. And i don't understand Djapes' explanation. Do i use SSH and then the following line

Quote:/usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone &
edit: which i tried already but didn't work afaik
I'm running live as well and also struggling with starting xbmc with the --standalone also. Running build 24020.
I don't mean to sound rude or anything but if you don't get how to do it your really not fit to test this stuff, or running svn.

Stick with stable or wait until next release, it's not that far off now.

Cheers,
Tobias

topfs2 Wrote:I don't mean to sound rude or anything but if you don't get how to do it your really not fit to test this stuff, or running svn.

Stick with stable or wait until next release, it's not that far off now.

Cheers,
Tobias

No worries, point well taken. Curiosity got the best of me on checking out a couple changes.
Topfs 2

The problem here isnt running that command! the problem here is that the command doesnt work with the live version of xbmc so theres got to be other solution.

http://pastebin.com/d7c2ba3df

here you can see the error when trying to start with standalone

i have done pkill X first and then started with standalone but no success

i am sure you could solve this problem cause i know the svn is for developers etc etc.

but without the svn we cannot run skins like AEon so we need the SVN versions.

and if there is that huge bug with the usb external devices on latest svn lets try to solve it.

many thanks
mat1983 Wrote:Topfs 2

The problem here isnt running that command!

You can do it without the command.
Code:
<handlemounting>true</handlemounting>
in advancedsettings.xml (And be damn sure you read how that file should be formated in our wiki because I don't want to see an error because it's malformed.)

mat1983 Wrote:the problem here is that the command doesnt work with the live version of xbmc so theres got to be other solution.

http://pastebin.com/d7c2ba3df

here you can see the error when trying to start with standalone

i have done pkill X first and then started with standalone but no success

The command works, the error says perfectly clear what you have done wrong, you can't freaking start an application that needs X without X. There isn't really a windows likeness to it I can use either, but something like starting foobar in dos. it needs the graphical part.
mat1983 Wrote:and if there is that huge bug with the usb external devices on latest svn lets try to solve it.
There is no bug, it's verified fixed. And as XBMC never mount (and never has mounted) usb drives when it's not standalone (then it's considered application) you need to have it, or use the as.xml flag.

gabbott Wrote:No worries, point well taken. Curiosity got the best of me on checking out a couple changes.

It usually does Wink

Checkout the advancedsetting entry I posted here if you still wish to give it a last try.

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB drive not appearing0